Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-01-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm All Ears

I live alone so... it's 100% my care.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Top Dog

I do most of it, however whichever dog (if I don't take both with me) stays home with the husband gets played with, loved on and snuggled with pretty much nonstop unless he's busy with something. He also feeds/potties the dogs as needed if I'm not home.

One of the reasons he doesn't do more with the girls is because they aren't really home alone with him a lot and when I'm home, they are attached to me like glue. Also, he knows I'm working on various training things, so playing disc or fetch without implementing my rules can actually set back training (in the case of Zinga's impulse control). He's also never sure of how much exercise/training we've done that day or are intending to do that day, so he doesn't want to suck valuable energy from the dogs if I need them to have it.

As far as Zip goes, well we will both still feed and potty the dogs, however, Zip won't be going to work with me as often as the girls. Tim will have charge of his training and exercise needs, so that'll be quite the switch!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

I do most of it since Zane is mostly my dog. But if something needs done NOW or I'm busy, Jin will take up the slack and let Zane out or feed him. He'll play around with him and do small little training sessions.

NextDog will be primarily Jin's to care for and train, unless he's at work.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Well, I'm single and still live at home, so there are others in the household but I do 99.9% of everything. LOL. It's more like 100%. But they will help in a bind ... If I'm going to be late, I'll ask my step-dad to please take Jackson outside to potty, and that's about the most of it. When I'm visiting at my dads house, I kind of take over for all 3 dogs too. I feed them all dinner, I play with them all, etc. They love me when I come over because they actually get to DO something haha. Financially, he's all my responsibility too. However, if I am ever in an emergency situation, they will of course help chip in. Two years ago, when he ended up costing me $1300 over a one-night hospital stay, my dad gave me $200 towards it, and I think my step-dad gave me a little bit. So, yeah, I have the back-up should anything ever arise but I don't expect them to do anything for him.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Denis is a great trainer and cuddler, he'll feed and potty if I am not home but otherwise I tend to take the lead. I pick food, vet care, gear, and grooming. He's a great dog owner and pulls his weight but he bends to my control freak ways rather well.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Top Dog

I do most. He...loves and cuddles,lol. He'll also feed them if I specifically tell him to, lol.

And in his noncoaching season he'll walk them, since that's when he's home before dark.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

I live at home with my family but the dogs are mine. I'm also single so I have no help! So, it's %100 me unless I'm out and I need my family to do something for the dogs. I like how this works because I don't like anyone else handling Serenity.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 PM
orange iguanas.

Me for the most part. There are 3 other people living in this house, but 2 of these people do absolutely nothing regarding any of the animals.

My mom works at home so she lets the dogs out during the day. If I work, she feeds them dinner because she hates making them wait for me to get home lol. She also helps on the days that I don't work, by getting the dogs up and fed so that I can sleep.

I do the training. I take them for walks, to the park, to the vet. If I'm home, all their care falls on me. Basically I'm the only one that actually DOES stuff with them, my mom just makes sure they have enough to survive (and she pets and kisses them. lol).

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Top Dog

It is mostly me who does the caring for the dogs, except letting them out to potty. But that doesn't take much effort. On rare occasions, the SO will feed them, but I think thats because HIS dog gets impatient about his food. Typically I do the feeding, bathing, brushing, walking, medicating. And I defiantly do ALL the vet trips.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post

ETA: Except for the fact that I'm moving into this building so Lauren can help if I'm stuck at school, or work... or something!
That's right, I get to steal Buzz. Be jealous!!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.