Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Top Dog

Default HELP!! Anyone know this book/audio book?

I'm trying to find a book. I heard bits and pieces of it on an audiobook version YEARS ago. My memories are fuzzy and some things may be incorrect or I may be confusing 2 books but here goes.

It's about a boy (teenage/young adult) who befriends a girl about his age who is pregnant (date raped maybe?). He goes to the doctor with her and is just a sincere friend to her. I don't remember her having any family. His parents find out and think he is the father but he explains to them that he's not. His parents help the girl and adopt her baby, I think. Then, years later the child becomes sick. Can't remember if she dies, don't want to know. lol

Tell me I didn't make this up... lol.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Top Dog

Is it Brave New Girl?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Top Dog

No but thanks for trying to help me! Lol. It's not a young adult book. It's just a fictional novel for adults. I rember at one point the parents of the little girl (who gets sick) ask her if she had been playing in her mom's makeup because of her flush cheeks. That was obviously before they knew she was sick. IDK if that helps. Lol.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

The christmas sweater?

That is my only guess

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
I'm trying to find a book. I heard bits and pieces of it on an audiobook version YEARS ago. My memories are fuzzy and some things may be incorrect or I may be confusing 2 books but here goes.

It's about a boy (teenage/young adult) who befriends a girl about his age who is pregnant (date raped maybe?). He goes to the doctor with her and is just a sincere friend to her. I don't remember her having any family. His parents find out and think he is the father but he explains to them that he's not. His parents help the girl and adopt her baby, I think. Then, years later the child becomes sick. Can't remember if she dies, don't want to know. lol

Tell me I didn't make this up... lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
The christmas sweater?

That is my only guess
I can't find any synopsis of that book but I don't remember it being a Christmas book. I doubt that's it. But thanks! Lol. I hope I can figure this out. Driving me nuts.