Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Just try me..

Jumping into my arms. Its very handy sometimes...

But Dekka went through a spell where she would just launch at me from a chair or something high even if I wasn't prepared. She fell pretty badly a few times. But being a JRT its not like that deterred her.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Top Dog

I taught Gambit that me leaning over and extending my right arm was the sign for 'leap into Mommy's arms'. I did not do this on purpose, but it was so cute.

It was adorable right up until a coworker leaned to point something out and Gambit flew up and broke his nose.

Again, he is the coy of shame.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
I taught Gambit that me leaning over and extending my right arm was the sign for 'leap into Mommy's arms'. I did not do this on purpose, but it was so cute.

It was adorable right up until a coworker leaned to point something out and Gambit flew up and broke his nose.

I know I shouldn't be, but I am. Thanks for the sorely needed giggles

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post

Oops! I know I shouldn't laugh, but that is just too funny!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

I inadvertently taught all the dogs in my house, including my son's that when Chulita would go potty outside, (because she was having some issues with not wanting to go outside for a while) ALL the dogs got rewarded. LOL. I felt badly just giving Chulita a treat. So, now when Chulita goes outside, (even if I'm not planning on reinforcing her every single time anymore) and then she comes back inside, all the dogs gather around, with that sense of entitlement they have about getting a treat. They're all lying around snoozing and they all jump up and come to the sliding glass door. LOL. So annoying.

I could think of all kinds of things I've inadvertently taught them. But can't think of anything that I taught them on purpose that has become a problem. There probably is something. I just can't think of it at the moment.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Jumping into my arms. Its very handy sometimes...

But Dekka went through a spell where she would just launch at me from a chair or something high even if I wasn't prepared. She fell pretty badly a few times. But being a JRT its not like that deterred her.
YES! chaz taught blitz our blue heeler to run and turn in mid air so he could hang in his arms and be rubbed on. Cute at times but not when he is covered in mud or horse poo and decides he wants loving

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 12-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Bite me.

I taught a Dutch Shepherd I had to rub his eye. It was the cutest thing. He then got narcotics training, and went to the police dept. for a detection dog. The problem? Sometimes his default alert was to rub his eye, which would always cause the worry that something got into his eye, sprayed his eye, etc.

The handler thought it was hilarious, but I felt like a schmuck.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Active Pup

When our Rottie was a puppy, she picked up from our older dog a little dance that he did just before sitting to get his breakfast or dinner. Now he's in Doggy Heaven but she is still dancing before she sits. In our small house, I have to watch out before I put her food down or else she may bump into me in her enthusiasm!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

I taught Tynan to touch my hand with his nose. Sadly now when I come home and he's all excited he jumps up and tries to poke my face. I hate being poked.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:53 AM
and Fozzie B!

Every dog that I've taught the speak command to has gone from a quiet dog, not quick to bark, to resorting to barking when confused, frustrated or over stimulated... Never again! Lol I'm so glad I didn't make that mistake with Fozzie. He has a perfect, quiet alarm bark. Gonzo's is like an explosion! :/

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie