Wow your dog is ugly

Kailynn

I don't have a dog at this current moment in time, but my choice of dogs is always being bashed around.

I shouldn't get a saint bernard because they're big and ugly, I shouldn't want a collie because it looks like someone pulled on their snout and it stretched.

What I find with people that have the nerve to say that is always:
"I don't like x breed because x quality.
I don't like mutts because they ALL look like x.
But my x breed dog with these x x x qualities is totally beautiful."

Yep, you're poorly bred teacup applehead Chorkiepoo with the extreme underbite and eye gunk is just stuning. Pfft.​

Equinox

That brings up a good point. To be fair, I have called other dogs ugly before, but never, ever to anyone's face. That's one of those opinions I would just keep to myself - I've called countless cats ugly and don't even want to get started on babies :rofl1: But that's my own preference and opinion and I don't see why I would ever share that out loud.

When it comes to dogs, it's really only dogs with far out extremes that really strike me. Dogs with underbites, tongues hanging out, no fur, wrinkles, short snouts or legs, etc. aren't ugly to me in the least. I'll admit I didn't use to be a fan of Chinese Cresteds and Xolos, but now I love their sleek elegance.

Oh, and senior dogs are off limits. I will happily shank anyone who says anything bad about a senior dog, because those dogs are the best and are perfect no matter what.

My ex roommate hated Judge and called him ugly all the time.
I'm sorry, what?!? That's the craziest thing I've heard yet! Judge is a stunning dog in any circle.

monkeys23

Some people think the Dobermans are ugly because they lack tails and have cropped ears. It is annoying, but I try not to let it bother me.
To me that is just nuts. There are no words for how much I love a good looking Doberman such as the two gorgeous creatures you live with.

Never had the girls called ugly, but my two current roommates are always saying they stink and I find it extremely offensive to be honest. They do not smell doggy at all! Only stink is Scout's love of old bones and cow/sheep poop in the pasture at my parent's. I'm passive aggressively not washing off Scout's rolling in pasture funk in response. Yes, I am very mature. I also the who cleans the apt, so yeah. :rolleyes: :p

DenoLo

I get it pretty frequently with Lucy, in conjunction with "Is that some kind of....hyena?"

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh yeah there are definitely dogs that I think are not so pretty. And even a couple of breeds that just are not pretty at all to me.

You're still a douche if you walk up to someone (especially a random stranger minding their own business) and tell them their dog is ugly. There's some things you should keep to yourself.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
hahaha I want a Xoloitzcuintli one day.... guess I'll have to get used to it since it seems a lot of people think hairless dogs are ugly lol

There are certainly some beautiful Xolos out there. I would be totally weirded out by no hair (I won't even get a short coated breed) but I think they can be really beautiful to look at.

Members online