Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffStuff View Post
Mine don't get called ugly, but I have had this happen:
"Wow, a search dog? Cool! What kind of mix is he? Doberman?"
"Oh, he's not a mix. He's a Catahoula."
"Oh, okay! My brother has one of those. They're really stupid dogs."
".....Okay....."
"Yeah, my brother's is the worst. He can't teach him anything!"
"Right... Well, that's probably your brother, not the dog. Nice meeting you... I'm gonna go now."
i find catahoulas (like curs in general) are usually smarter than the people that own them.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:39 PM
such sights to show you

Who on earth SAYS stuff like that?

When people say stuff like "I'm judging you" my favorite response is "your opinion has been noted" along with a dry smirk, then I change the subject.

For some reason, nobody ever says anything like that to me anymore.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Top Dog

when i'm feeling rude i answer "yeah he is, but at least he is better looking than your kid. now that should have been a BJ night."
when i'm feeling less rude: "maybe but at least he's useful, unlike your butterball he can catch things like fox, deer & boar."
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Animal Lover

I've had people tell me that Dunbar has a big butt. I've wanted to ask them if they have looked at their own lately, but my husband won't let me. These are the times when we realize that we had rather be with our boy, Dunbar, than with a lot of people.

Visit Us at Dog and Cat World
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Taxiderpy

My grandpa said the zois are ugly, but he's allowed because he's my grandpa. A couple of years later he did say they'd grown on him, and he liked their good manners.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
My grandpa said the zois are ugly, but he's allowed because he's my grandpa. A couple of years later he did say they'd grown on him, and he liked their good manners.
I'll admit that the first time I saw a zoi IRL I was totally wierded out by how thin/tall they were. The I spent time with some and realized how awesome they are!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
People come up and tell me they hate little dogs. Useless dogs.
When we first got together, my boyfriend would always tell me the he would never get a "useless small dog". That was until he met my two, now he wants a small dog (as well as a larger breed) because " those little guys have so much personality".

I haven't had anyone tell me my dogs were ugly, but one guy ask me why I would get such a sissy dog (in regards to my Yorkie) and that he would never be protective because all small dogs "are wimps". Then he came up to me and tried to put his arm around me to prove his point, which freaked me out because I didn't know this person. Dude backed off pretty quick when Rocky got between us while growling and baring his teeth. Guess it wasn't my little dog that was the wimp!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Big Dog

I don't understand how anyone can call any sight hound ugly. They are so striking and unique. Well, I don't understand how anyone can call anyone's dog ugly to their face.

I've never gotten "ugly" that I remember. I know I've gotten comments about ugly ears or weird looking but never flat out ugly. I get so many comments on ear cropping and how vicious my dogs are that I don't think it would bug me that much.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:45 AM
<----Thanks Allie

*Not reading all 5 pages*

1)You're family is crazy, don't listen to them.

2) People are stupid, that's why smart people love animals.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Squishy face

Joey isn't ugly, he's gorgeous!

There is a 'zoi that boards at work and one of my coworkers called him ugly. >:|

There are few dogs that I actually find ugly. Usually its more that their physical issues are leading to health issues that leads me to find anything aesthetically distasteful. For example, I think EB are ugly, but that is because so many of the ones I have met are waddling bundles of snorting health issues.

And the shih tzu who boards at work sometimes (Coco) with all the health issues, missing teeth, lolling tongue, crusty nose, weepy eyes and disgusting fur? I call her a "little abomination" but I do so affectionately, lol. And I would never call a dog ugly to an owner's face. That's just mean.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!