Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

What a rude thing to say

Joey is beautiful and adorable... your family just doesn't know how to apreciate a good looking dog!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 11-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Top Dog

I haven't heard anyone call Gwen ugly. More like "What is that?" and commenting about her shyness. My family teases me a lot of my dog obsession. My dad was wanting a dog and he said "I can't get a dog from a shelter because they'll be scared like Gwen". He's not a good dog owner or pet owner at all, but still. He calls her stupid all the time, too. Even though she's smarter than him. It's pretty rude to say your dog is ugly, messed up or anything like that. My family calls her "Sad dog" because they know it frustrates me.

I think some dogs aren't as attractive as other's but I wouldn't tell the owner that! (Or be within earshot.) If someone has an ugly child and you say anything I'm sure the mother would freak out on you. I don't think Gwen is the most attractive dog. I prefer longer coated dogs, but I still love her.

How does someone refer to a whole breed as stupid? How do you even determine is a dog is 'stupid' if you're just in a (dog) park with it? Stupid people.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:00 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Thats so hurtful I'm sorry!
I had one person come up to me, a few months ago, when Gipsy really started to decline and say, "Your dog used to be so beautiful - but now she looks horrible. Enjoy your time with her."

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

People are nasty.

I never heard comments till Arson. Looks like a gremlin.. so ugly it's cute. Why'd you rescue that..

There's an entire thread on the crestie forum devoted to replies to give to people so you have something to say

I like beezers, and afghans. People suck. I'm not a bc person in the slightest, but I find Fiona stunning and admire her when I look at your siggy.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 11-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Felurian

My mom used to go on and on about Kharma (and Buffy and Shiva) being ugly.

Somehow, though, now she thinks Kharma's beautiful and the other never happened

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Ball Thrower

I've had someone tell me Chase looked like he had mange due to his merle pattern and some people don't like merles or red merles so people will just say, "I don't like red merles". But other than that I get a lot of compliments on him. I just shrugged it off as personal preference. I think dog choices are as individual as what people wear. Some people like goth and some are preppy. People will judge and there is very little anyone can really do.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh yeah. A toy dog and especially one that looks kind of like a chihuahua. they're rats. Stupid. People come up and tell me they hate little dogs. Useless dogs.

Okay good for you. It annoys me for a minute but mostly just makes me roll my eyes. I do more with my little 'useless' dogs than most people do with their big dogs.

And I know my dogs rock.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:43 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
People call Izzie ugly all the time because she's a pug. It bothers me but I just try to ignore it.
Izzie ugly??? What were those ppl smoking?

I used to have a dobie with demo dex mange & everyone used to treat her like she was a leper or something

Old 11-24-2012, 05:51 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
With Fiona I get a lot of "that dog is super creepy" and "it looks like its staring into my soul" and demonic/robot/blind/deaf/dumb comments. She is so friendly, and she and I both get offended when people get "creeped out" by her. I've had people say pretty mean things about her though, most of them are show Border Collie folk, but also some from the general public. One time I did overhear someone at the show saying "I was pretty pleased with the overall quality in the ring, except that ugly blue eyed dog. Yuck". Heck, one time a JUDGE said to the girl in front of me "mam, your dog is predominantly white (a fault in the BC standard) but the dog behind you (Fiona) is of such poor quality I had to overlook that." People are bitches.
Is it also a fault for a BC to have blue eyes? I don't know. Tho show ppl can be jerks sometimes I used to show jack Russell's & I have gotten a lot of comments about how thy are "crazy/untrainable/mean/etc..."

Old 11-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Top Dog

What do people tell others their pets are ugly? Do they think I'll say, "Gee, your right, my dog is ugly, I ought to get a different one. "