Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-23-2012, 11:16 PM
orange iguanas.

Okay I think my dogs are pretty ugly sometimes lol but no one else has actually said it to me! I actually get really awesome comments about Juno, which is part of the reason why I hate so much that she's weird around people, everyone wants to say hi to her but they can't!

We used to say all the time that Molly was so ugly, she's cute. It was true though lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Felurian

An EX-bf said it about Tallulah.

EX.

Lots of reasons, also lots of reasons I privately referred to him as a temp from the beginning, lol.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Top Dog

I don't think anyone has actually used the word 'ugly' around Gambit, but I do get some variations.

"Wow, that dog is weird looking."

"What IS that?" Usually while making the 'do you smell doody' face

"That thing looks like it belongs in a zoo.."

Of course, most of these things are said while the person is slowly backing away. Shy as he is, Gambit scares people.

Someone once called Argon ugly. Considering he was terminally ill at that point, and about a day from being PTS, it made my cry for hours. He wasn't ugly, he was my perfect praying mantis dog.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
and Fozzie B!

That's crayyy! D: I can only guess that they think Joey's ugly because they have never seen a dog like him before. My BF just saw Joey pics the other day and was like "Omg, we need to get a dog like that! He's so cool!"

I haven't gotten a comment like that. Which is a good thing, because I might end up in jail. LOL some lady at the dog park said "Corgis are so stupid" when Fozzie walked by, and I made her fear for her life!!!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 11-24-2012, 12:05 AM
Top Dog

Nobody's ever called my dogs ugly, fortunately. That would be incredibly rude. And your sisters are wrong.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
I haven't gotten a comment like that. Which is a good thing, because I might end up in jail. LOL some lady at the dog park said "Corgis are so stupid" when Fozzie walked by, and I made her fear for her life!!!
Someone at the park this week said about me and Elsie, "This lady has this stupid German shepherd--I mean, what's even the point of that."
Old 11-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

I got told Ozzy looked like roadkill once.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Will Creep For Sheep

With Fiona I get a lot of "that dog is super creepy" and "it looks like its staring into my soul" and demonic/robot/blind/deaf/dumb comments. She is so friendly, and she and I both get offended when people get "creeped out" by her. I've had people say pretty mean things about her though, most of them are show Border Collie folk, but also some from the general public. One time I did overhear someone at the show saying "I was pretty pleased with the overall quality in the ring, except that ugly blue eyed dog. Yuck". Heck, one time a JUDGE said to the girl in front of me "mam, your dog is predominantly white (a fault in the BC standard) but the dog behind you (Fiona) is of such poor quality I had to overlook that." People are bitches.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Top Dog

Yup. Apparently quite a few teenaged boys think Afghan hounds are "the ugliest dogs I have ever seen!"
It's happened quite a lot. Only with teenaged boys I think...

One if the my grandmothers commented on facebook about how Trin was so ugly she was almost cute. Really? I haven't spoken to you in about 15 years and the first thing you say to me is that? So totally never ever comming to visit you guys now, even if you beg me
Old 11-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Top Dog

My mother's first comment when I came in the door with Meg was "That one is so homely, we are going to have to keep it. Nobody else will want it."

I had a close friend say "Oh good lord that's an ugly dog" the first time he saw Meg, unaware that this was the one I was keeping, not a random foster. When I told him she was mine he said "You could make a really cool vest out of her". Luckily it is a good enough friend that I knew he was kidding about the second comment, and I don't care if he finds Meg unattractive. I find his horse breed of choice ugly, myself

Gusto just gets a lot of "Oh jesus, what the heck is that?!". Which is a fair enough comment.

As for judging - I don't let that bother me in the least. I know that people judge me for my dog obsession and other things; it's only natural. I can move past it.