Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-17-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm All Ears

Default *Insert Scream here*

I think I'm going crazy. These past 3 or so days I SWEAR I see something scuttering across the floor in my house. So I am sitting on the couch now and thinking I should go to bed and I see it out of the corner of my eye clear as can be. It goes towards my entryway and coat closet so I grab a chair, a mop, and a broom, and literally empty out the closet. I see nothing. I stab the swiffer around until I give up.

I have no idea what it is. First I thought it was a damsel fly or moth but it's definitely staying on the ground. Too small for a mouse. Maybe a lizard? I have no idea if it's even real.

But to make matters worse, I decide I am going to bed and I let the dogs out. I open the sliding glass door and walk out to the porch. A few minutes later I turn around and see a black widow hanging smack dab in the middle of the door. So I grab the nearest thing, which happens to be a dust pan and stab the spider to death.

Ugh! I am feeling so icked out and am now thinking I have spiders and mice everywhere. Ugh!
Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Top Dog

Glad lizard is not a possibility here!

Same thing happened with me the other day in the barn where I swear a mouse could not have squeezed and I finally saw it straight on. Thought I was loosing it.

Your not nuts if you think you possibly are so your good lol!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 04-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Oh man, last year was the first experience I really had with lizards just hanging around outside. I got home, emptied my suitcase and FOUND A LIZARD. So very gross

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Oh man, last year was the first experience I really had with lizards just hanging around outside. I got home, emptied my suitcase and FOUND A LIZARD. So very gross
Was it alive? Because that is like... my childhood dream come true.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Was it alive? Because that is like... my childhood dream come true.
Same here. I really wish we had more lizards around than we do. I'll see one on occasion, but not regularly. I love me a lizard <3
Old 04-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Resident fainting goat

YUCK YUCK YUCK!!
I have such a fear of all creepy crawly lizards, spiders, insects, rodents.. basically anything and everything lol

My bed is lofted and I used to spray a RIDICULOUS amount of like bleach cleaner against the legs of the bed because for some reason I believed that this would stop any creature that somehow entered my dorm to want to climb into my bed and lay eggs in my ears lol

I am an animal lover most of the time.. but when it comes to those kinds of animals... SCREAM. KILL. EVERYTHING. or CAPTURE. CALL EVERYONE.

Some girl on my dorm has pet rats and either she let it out or it got out and was wandering the halls.. and thank god her scream stopped me because I was so scared when I saw it that I was about 2 centimeters from punting it across the floor. I would've felt so bad but dammit don't let your giant black rat wander around!!! MY INSTINCT WHEN A RAT RUNS UP TO ME IS NOT "Aww look how cute a pet!" I thought it was a regular disease carrying evil RAT!!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

It has to be a ghost, otherwise Mia would be allllllll ovvvveerrrr itttt!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 AM
<--------Orson

Ok the black widow would still have me screaming! I don't think I could have gone to sleep thinking what I saw skittering on the floor might POSSIBLY have been another spider/black widow

*shivers*

And no, if you are open to the possibility of being crazy, you probably aren't! LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 AM
love herds

EWWWWW, spiders! We had mice in our apartment when we first moved in. Even though its been months since we have had them I still occasionally think I see something out of the corner of my eye at least once a week.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Felurian

Lizards eat spiders and all sorts of creepy crawlies

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian