So proud of Bailey the GSD and my uncle

JacksonsMom

I've posted about Bailey the GSD before.
http://chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144782
http://chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144977

I am sooo proud of my uncle, haha! I did not think he would be so into a dog. He's been awesome with her. She goes all over the place with him, he is in the backyard with her once a day playing fetch, he walks her every day, he does at LEAST 20 mins a day of training with her, he's been bringing her to downtown Annapolis once or twice a week socializing, he's going to start taking her to work.

Anyways, all of his work is showing. Her improvement is fantastic. The first time she went downtown, she barked at EVERY dog that walked by. Today, she showed ONE little reactivity moment when a dog came from behind and she did not see it coming, so she barked and lunged a bit. It's all reactivity and does not seem like true aggression; she's still a LITTLE skiddish in regards to certain dogs but has done sooo fantastic. She's also still a bit rough with Jackson but it's all her just not knowing her size, she plays with her paws a lot and uses them to swat and stuff, so we have been working on that.

But Jackson and Bailey had a great day together today.

Here they were eating lunch, both waiting for my uncle to get back from inside the restaurant (he had to go pay, and she was VERY concerned where he went, lol).

Snark

Mutts to you
Good for your uncle, and yay for Bailey! I'm glad things are working out so well! :)

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
She's also still a bit rough with Jackson
Keep in mind that she IS a German Shepherd, and they do play differently. They tend to be a little more rough, or at least that's how mine have all been. So that could have something to do with it.

That said, I am REALLY glad he's working with her and it's going well. <3

JacksonsMom

Keep in mind that she IS a German Shepherd, and they do play differently. They tend to be a little more rough, or at least that's how mine have all been. So that could have something to do with it.

That said, I am REALLY glad he's working with her and it's going well. <3
Oh, yeah, definitely. I think the rough housing is just all part of her not realizing how big she is and she definitely has a different play style ... lots of nipping and batting of the paws, LOL. Jackson does not like it but he's very tolerant for the most part. He did give it to her once when she nipped at his face and hurt him (it was all playfulness though) so we just supervise VERY closely. This outing they were all on leash together. :) They do great walking together. I'm really glad I'm able to keep socializing her around Jackson from a young age because our family does a lot of things together and I often bring Jackson. It's also nice to have another dog family member who actually DOES things with their dog. lol. Now me and my uncle are talking about taking the dogs to DC in a few weeks. Yay!

Members online

No members online now.