Are you Dressing your dog up for Halloween

Is anybody else dressing their dogs up.Sasha is going to be a Cop.I am not sure for Rosco yet.Any ideas for him anybody.Ilove taking them trick or treating with Gwen.Gwen is going to be a ballerina hopefully.

No, my family doesn't celebrate halloween. One year my sister and I did trying dressing May up as a mummy though...just to see what she looked like and get a laugh...but it kept falling off her.

Y

yuckaduck

I gotta figure out what Lily and Megan will be first, then I think maybe Dallas, but gotta see what the temperment is like first. Not this year for Yukon maybe next if he is abit more stable. I think this year it would be to stressful for him and very unfair of me to put him in that situation.

My sister wants to dress her son up as a cowboy and then stick a saddle and a head harness on one of her nine dogs...and have him walk around with his "horse".

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
gaddylovesdogs said:
No, my family doesn't celebrate halloween. One year my sister and I did trying dressing May up as a mummy though...just to see what she looked like and get a laugh...but it kept falling off her.
One time I was out with my friends and we went up to this house and the guy opens the door slightly and says "We don't believe in the devil's holiday so go away" We turned and looked at each other as we walked away and just started busting up!!! :D What you said just reminded me of that lol :p

I put a cape on Lucas once cause he has that mask thing on his head so he looked like a vampire and I took him for a walk before it got too dark. The kids taht where out already got a nice laugh and lucas got some lovin lol :p

Y

yuckaduck

German Sheperd Gurl said:
That would be cute Gaddylovesdogs.I need ideas to dress Rosco as.

Clown, I did that with a horse once.
Dress him up like a doll. Poor boy would have mental issues after that.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I saw the most awesome dog costume the other day. It was a Princess Leia costume, complete with white gown and a headpiece that had the nifty Princess Leia "cinnamon bun" hairstyle. I wanted to get it for Zeus sooo bad, especially since my sister is going as Darth Vader and my year-old niece is going as Yoda. But the hubby said he wouldn't let me insult Zeus' doggy dignity like that. :(

I think it would be adorable.

Babyblue5290 said:
One time I was out with my friends and we went up to this house and the guy opens the door slightly and says "We don't believe in the devil's holiday so go away" We turned and looked at each other as we walked away and just started busting up!!! :D What you said just reminded me of that lol :p
Well we do believe that it is worshipping the devil, but we just put up signs that say, "We do not celebrate halloween, this means no candy. Beware of dogs." We post them all over - on our door, post, mailbox - yet still we have people who come up to our door :rolleyes: It's like, HELLO, can't you read the oh, five or so signs that are out there?
I remember one time these three boys were riding their bikes past our house, pillow cases filled with candies hanging down from their handlebars and they saw the sign and read the "Beware of dogs" part and started laughing. My sister and I were outside with May and hide behind the bushes. Colby started barking like crazy, and right after the boys started laughing and Colby started barking, May ran out from behind the bushes and the boys sped up to escape from the viscious dog who happened to be wagging her tail. It was so funny.

Y

yuckaduck

German Sheperd Gurl said:
That would be doable is that a word lol.I should dress him up in something though.He cant be left out.

Yup a criminal for Sasha to arrest.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
gaddylovesdogs said:
Well we do believe that it is worshipping the devil, but we just put up signs that say, "We do not celebrate halloween, this means no candy. Beware of dogs." We post them all over - on our door, post, mailbox - yet still we have people who come up to our door :rolleyes: It's like, HELLO, can't you read the oh, five or so signs that are out there?

I didn't mean the story as anything relating to you lol I just meant what you said reminded me of it and the way the guys said it was the funny part! :p lol

They probably didn't notice them since it is dark outside when most go trick-or-treating lol.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You betcha!!!! Already got their costumes and are working on them! I love halloween. Victor is going to be a lion and has a zebra to hold in his mouth..ala Madacascar..and mary just has to be a princess (can't find a hippo suit)

Your story is funny, that was kind of rude of the guy...if someone comes to our door we either ignore it or just explain it all to them.

We had one kid who started walking up to our house (in clear daylight) even though there were two signs right in front of his face. Our neighbor who was with him goes, "They don't celebrate halloween." she knows us very well "Look at the sign." he was like, "oh.."

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
here's Ike one year, big pimpin'. he didn't like the hat though, it had a neon green feather in it too, the buttons were leopard print also like the collar. I Love Halloween, it's so much fun =)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
gaddylovesdogs said:
Well we do believe that it is worshipping the devil,
Fun-sized candy is devil worship? Aww....I'm going to hell for sure then. :( ;)

I want to dress my dogs up for the sheer stupid fun of it, but I think I've finally hit that age where I really am too old to Trick or Treat and I don't know any little kids well enough to take them around.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
last year i dyed Vic blue with some laundry bluing..it is absolutely safe..(you can even put it in bird baths) but it didn't show up in the pics very well..he was suppose to be Blue's clue..no one got my joke except Hyia
Zoom you can borrow one...there are tons of kids i know that would love to go. oooooor you can trick or treat for unicef..and isn't the pure stupidity of it allllll the fun? have you gone to the haunted houses in the river que? That is actually a mother son tradition with me and Aaron.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I may have to talk to you more about that once October comes. :)

I'm going to do the double feature Beast/Edge of Hell with most of the girls from work in a few weeks. I haven't been in a few years, they're all supposed to be so much better now!

Fun-sized candy is devil worship? Aww....I'm going to hell for sure then.
I have never celebrated halloween and I don't mind that one bit. Some people think I'm somehow missing out on something...what, cavities? I don't see anything wrong with my family not celebrating the "holiday" and I'm not against anyone who celebrates it. I have friends who celebrate it and I could care less whether they celebrate a "holiday" where you dress up in a costume and get candy or not. :)

Members online

No members online now.