Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Took Whiskey to the vet today because of his odd breathing

Turns out he has a fever, is dehydrated a little and the vet was hearing wheezing in his lungs. Poor dude. I couldn't afford for them to do xrays since I just paid for his vet appointment when he was in MN and his flight and don't get paid at work again until next week so we took the plan b route and did fluids and antibiotics to help with the fever, dehydration and put some fluid back in his lungs. I'm hoping he will be back at 100% by the time I get paid, but if I don't see improvement or if he starts to get worse in any way I need to take him back to the vet.

Not sure what could have caused this. Lauren said he was eating and drinking fine out there. He's been drinking fine here and not eating a whole lot, but I'm positive some of that is stress related. He did eat a fairly decent amount of his breakfast though this morning which made me happy and he has been his lovey dovey snuggley self for the most part.

I'm positive he will pull through this. He's one tough little cookie, but it's hard not to worry a little. I will keep you guys updated. I've been updating Lauren via texts since I know she's been worrying about him as well.

btw... I have to add that holy crap Lauren switching him to raw was the best thing ever. The vet actually commented today that his coat feels like a bunny rabbit coat it's so soft... and wow is it shiny. His teeth look great too! So of course they asked what he eats and I proudly said raw.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Top Dog

Aww poor kitty

How is he doing today?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

He actually seems to be doing better right now. His breathing is still off, but not quite as bad. I put my ear up to his side and can still hear some light wheezing, but he seems to be improving. He is eating very well and playing a lot.

He's major snuggly and has been sleeping with me every night. Cricket adores him still (she helped take care of him when he was really little) and the two of them have been spending a lot of time together since he has been back.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-06-2013, 11:51 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Glad to hear he's doing better. Hopefully he'll have a complete recovery soon! Pneumonia can be scary.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~