Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Top Dog

I think when I was a new mom I just wanted someone to do my laundry or sweep my kitchen for me. Everyone comes over and wants to help by hogging your baby while you rest but really I needed help with basic chores and stuff. Magazines, DVDs, crossword puzzles would also be appreciated.

Lillian's learning a lot at day care, like how to squirt her water or milk across the room between her teeth. Am I better off ignoring this and cleaning it up and hoping she gets bored of it, or taking her drink away if she does it? (Which makes her scream)?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Higbread Dingbat

Thanks everyone
I made sure to ask how she was doing yesterday. I also asked if it was okay if my mom (a nurse at the hospital) stopped by to see if she needed anything while she was on shift.

Both her and the baby are doing very well They're hoping to be sent home this morning, but could be held in hospital for up to another 20 hours just to make sure everything is going the way it should, her being a first time mother and all.

We will give her a call today and see how she's feeling and if she would like us to stop by, and if she needs anything.
I'll be sure to keep in contact with her every so often asking if there's anything she needs (the other friend lives 3 hours away so it's not quite as easy for her right now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post

Lillian's learning a lot at day care, like how to squirt her water or milk across the room between her teeth. Am I better off ignoring this and cleaning it up and hoping she gets bored of it, or taking her drink away if she does it? (Which makes her scream)?
Could you get her to help clean up after each time she does it? (Could be enough of a deterrent to stop, plus teach an early "responsibility for mess" sort of thing)
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I think when I was a new mom I just wanted someone to do my laundry or sweep my kitchen for me. Everyone comes over and wants to help by hogging your baby while you rest but really I needed help with basic chores and stuff. Magazines, DVDs, crossword puzzles would also be appreciated.

Amen to that. We were selfish. Everyone wanted the baby and all mom and dad (me) wanted to do was be left alone with the baby

People learned quick they weren't getting him for a while. He's new, he's our's and when he falls asleep on someone, it's going to be one of us. I understand you love and want to hold babies, but you had your's, this one is ours. I made it pretty clear pretty early. Someone came to take him from me when he fell asleep in my arms and I was like, "I wanted 9 years for this one, you're going to have to wait" Word spread pretty quickly after that
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Higbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
Amen to that. We were selfish. Everyone wanted the baby and all mom and dad (me) wanted to do was be left alone with the baby

People learned quick they weren't getting him for a while. He's new, he's our's and when he falls asleep on someone, it's going to be one of us. I understand you love and want to hold babies, but you had your's, this one is ours. I made it pretty clear pretty early. Someone came to take him from me when he fell asleep in my arms and I was like, "I wanted 9 years for this one, you're going to have to wait" Word spread pretty quickly after that
My mom was the same way with me.
"This is mine, no you cannot touch her she is mine"

Luckily (for them I guess?) I really have no desire to hold a babies until they can at least hold their own head up. I'm more than happy to take their dog out and clean the house though lol
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I'm officially on maternity leave from right now I don't have to go to work for over a year. Omg.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
Was BackwardCinderella

We got our 30 week ultrasounds yesterday. No 3D this go round. Unfortunately, she is measuring about 2.5 weeks ahead because of the gestational diabetes, and I will probably have to be induced at 38 weeks. I was really hoping to go naturally and avoid pitocin this time, but it's better than a c section, which they aren't worried about... Yet.
I honestly just can't wait to be done with being pregnant. I'm so tired, and crazy, and nothing fits any more... I'd like to hold a nice, healthy baby, like... Now. LOL

http://doofydogblog.blogspot.com/
In which creeper dogs, products and nonsense are discussed.