Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM
I'm All Ears

Ok. AKC question here. I'm trying to learn how their title system works with T2B, FAST, MACH etc.

So if you move into Excellent B and then say you Q in standard but don't Q in jumpers. Would you get any championship points from your standard run. Or do you only get championship points from your QQ runs?
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Ok. AKC question here. I'm trying to learn how their title system works with T2B, FAST, MACH etc.

So if you move into Excellent B and then say you Q in standard but don't Q in jumpers. Would you get any championship points from your standard run. Or do you only get championship points from your QQ runs?
You get speed/championship/MACH/PACH points from any qualifying Masters run (no longer Excellent A and B, it is Novice > Open > Excellent > Masters.) So long as you Q and are under time, you get X speed points. There used to be multipliers based on placements but they got rid of that (too bad for Auggie.)

The QQ doesn't have any affect on your speed points. It's simply "Did QQ? Y/N."

If you're lucky you have a nice dog who keeps pretty even in both, but otherwise you have two groups of people - people who Q and then look at the clock to see if they got enough points to celebrate or not, and people who rack up huge numbers of points because their dog is fast and all they need is the QQ, and if they got it, they got the MACH/PACH, if they didn't they still don't have it (but they probably have like 20 more points to throw on the pile.)

You can also start racking up speed points even if you're not in Masters in both standard and jumpers. Like say Georgie got into Masters Jumpers but she was still in Excellent Standard, her speed points for JWW will still count toward the MACH even though there's no way for us to knock down one of the QQ requirements.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM
I'm All Ears

I must be reading an out of date rulebook. It was still saying excellent A and B.

That makes a lot more sense, thanks Beanie! I was getting so confused about A versus B and then speed points and QQs.

I see how that could make people end up with lots of QQs or lots of points and then missing the other. I guess the goal is to reward consistency and speed?

EDIT: So T2B and FAST are just additional titles you can earn? They're not really needed for anything else?

EDIT 2: Also a fun run is happening on the 7th. I think I am going to enter both Summer and Hank. No pressure for Summer to do much and with Hank I can bring a toy and just do a few obstacles then play. I think Summer will really enjoy playing.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Here's the link for the current one on AKC's website, this might help!
http://images.akc.org/pdf/rulebooks/REAGIL.pdf

There was talk about making FAST and triple Qs something you needed for the MACH/PACH (this was before T2B was a class) but it got some backlash from people who don't like the games classes. I'm not sure it even made it to the "official survey" stage. So right now they are just separate titles on their own and they don't have anything to do with the championship titles.

Auggie's dad has hundreds upon hundreds of speed points... his brother too. But the QQs are harder to come by for them. Some dogs are the other way around, they can QQ easily but they aren't fast enough to just rack up massive amounts of speed points. A nice balanced dog will get a MACH easily though.

Guess which category Payton will be in. ;P I'm thinking Georgie will be a more balanced dog and should hit everything at about the same time.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post

EDIT: So T2B and FAST are just additional titles you can earn? They're not really needed for anything else?

FAST can count toward triple-Qs (Master Standard, Jumpers, and FAST Qs all in one day). 10 QQQs earns the TQX title. There are no speed point requirements for the TQX title.

T2B is completely separate and Qs/placements at regular trials never count toward anything other than T2B titles.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM
Show Dog

Does anybody have any advice for teeter/dogwalk issues?

Sam will *not* go over the teeter no matter how much I work with tippy board, awesome treats, nothing. Once upon a time he was totally cool with it but all of a sudden he decided it is absolutely terrifying, no incident that I can think of. He goes up right to about the point where it moves and then either freezes or jumps off the side. I've tried lowering it, doing tippy boards, rewarding for just being near it, banging it on the ground and rewarding, he just has an issue with it and I'm stumped and so is the trainer. This has also transferred to the dogwalk now, I'm guessing because it's the similar width he thinks it's a teeter. No issues with the a-frame at all.