Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojello View Post
I have thought about a rat terrier but I've heard they can be fairly soft? Am I mistaken?
I have a loud/busy home and I am a fairly aggressive personality (which can come across wrong to some dogs)... I need a dog that isn't overly sensitive or shuts down I get a bit loud/pushy (NO I don't believe in the dominance theory/dog whisperer bs, don't worry).
LOL thats my issue too, being loud and rough and stern. Im fun too, but even when Im fun Im loud and rough. I had pit bulls and they ate it up, and then I had other breeds like Shepherds and a BC mix and a Collie and my mere presence hurt their feelings and made them anxious. I definitely figured out that I needed to stay in the Bull breed family, Bullies, Pits, Frenchies, Staffords, Oldes, etc. They have the emotional fortitude to not wilt when you shout =D

How have I never met a pointer of any flavor before? what the frell???
Old 10-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
LOL thats my issue too, being loud and rough and stern. Im fun too, but even when Im fun Im loud and rough. I had pit bulls and they ate it up, and then I had other breeds like Shepherds and a BC mix and a Collie and my mere presence hurt their feelings and made them anxious. I definitely figured out that I needed to stay in the Bull breed family, Bullies, Pits, Frenchies, Staffords, Oldes, etc. They have the emotional fortitude to not wilt when you shout =D

How have I never met a pointer of any flavor before? what the frell???
HA! You've described me to a T! I have had many dogs that I absolutely ADORE but they have been soft enough that I end up resenting them... I need a tough dog with a tough disposition.
All of the APBT's/bullies I have met just think I'm pretty hilarious. No matter how loud I am (I think despite how loud I am)... maybe the decision is already subconsciously made
Love bullies!
Labs too... they aren't soft either (the ones I've owned/met).