Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-19-2014, 06:59 AM
Top Dog

Honestly the only parenting forums I joined were for parents of twins, so I'm not much help. I did read the 'what to expect' books and liked them though.

The problem with parenting forums is that, well, moms are nuts and extremely judgmental, so it often doesn't go well (I'm no better about some issues like car seat safety though), so be ready for that, lol.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Behavior Nerd

I had my annual physical today and told my doc about our baby plans for 2015. She wrote me a script for prenatals. This is getting real!

Old 11-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I had my annual physical today and told my doc about our baby plans for 2015. She wrote me a script for prenatals. This is getting real!

Woot!
Old 11-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Awesome!
Old 11-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran27 View Post
awesome!
yay!!!

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 11-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
That's exciting!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:49 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

33 weeks today! A few neighbors threw a surprise baby shower for me last week. I walker in and just bawled. It still seems so unreal that I have a wiggly baby boy in there after all these years of trying.

I have been so thankful how wonderfully this pregnancy has been. Sure, I'm a little achy, but nothing really worth complaining about. The last two months have been really stressful, balancing work, projects, Dan's had to have surgery and is still recovering from it, but I hope it should calm down a little now.

I've gained about 10 lbs, which is great. I started out not fat, but not skinny either, so my doc is happy with me. People still comment on it all the time... How I should enjoy eating what I want and to eat for two.... Yeah, no. I just need a few hundred calories more a day, not 1300. Baby is measuring just fine, so thank you very much.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

The general public/my family and friends all seemed to have plenty to comment about my weight gain and diet during pregnancy. I did gain about 30 lbs, but the doctor suggested I gain around 45-50, due to my low starting weight.

Lillian was born at 6+ lbs, perfectly healthy. You and your doctor know how the baby is doing, if the baby's measuring normal growth, tell everyone else to shut up and eat another burger for you.

I will say, I don't think I ate enough AFTER she was born to maintain breastfeeding. I had always had a low supply and I think part of that was due to my diet. You need to eat a lot and drink a TON of water when you start breastfeeding.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com