Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Penn is a champion.. sort of. Her focus is steadily improving and we are thinking positive thoughts!!
Yay Penny!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Breakthroughs. Jari is totally fine if I just keep running. No getting distracted, no caring about other things.... I also have decided that no matter what he measures, we're jumping 16". He's just so smooth and comfortable there. I've moved him up to 20" gradually, but I just don't like it. He's not dropping bars or anything, but it's not the same. So he might be preferred depending on how he's measured when the time comes. I'm glad I finally decided though!!!!

Also, I hadn't run Kimma in like a little over a week, and she was SO HAPPY to run. It was adorable <3

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 21 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Breakthroughs. Jari is totally fine if I just keep running. No getting distracted, no caring about other things.... I also have decided that no matter what he measures, we're jumping 16". He's just so smooth and comfortable there. I've moved him up to 20" gradually, but I just don't like it. He's not dropping bars or anything, but it's not the same. So he might be preferred depending on how he's measured when the time comes. I'm glad I finally decided though!!!!

Also, I hadn't run Kimma in like a little over a week, and she was SO HAPPY to run. It was adorable <3

Yay Jari and Kimma!! Especially good Jari focus!

I don't know what I'm doing for Feist and jump heights yet- she is obviously more comfortable on the 18 inch than 16 inch and her cik and caps are WAY better at that height than when I had her at 14 inch, which was totally awkward for her. we'll keep training and see!

Here's a video from today's ring rental:

I included a lot of silly mess-ups, but she was really awesome. That was her first time shaping the weaves and her first time on a real dogwalk. Also her focus was ON, the first time she went there she checked out for the first ten minutes because SMELLS DOGS HAVE BEEN HERE CONTACT EQUIPMENT. So yeah, big improvement, totally engaged. I had to drag her away when we were done, she wanted to go back into the building lol.

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM

HAHAHAHA love that video. Poor dog, indeed. And the chatter at the end. OMG I love her. Jari has chosen a wonderful wife.

Jari's issue NOW is GETTING him started. We're working on keeping focus during start line stays (using a Recallers game obvi), and it seems to be going well thus far. But our last run of class he was like "NO SITTING THERE'S A DOG SOMEWHERE AROUND HERE SNIFFING YAY," but we were also positioned near the open garage door and the other class was arriving sooooo can't blame the dude TOO much.

It's weird because I thought he would be OK at 20" and maybe he would be with time, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? His 16" jumping is just so pretty (to me).

Boundless Pawsibilities

Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
HAHAHAHA love that video. Poor dog, indeed. And the chatter at the end. OMG I love her. Jari has chosen a wonderful wife.

Jari's issue NOW is GETTING him started. We're working on keeping focus during start line stays (using a Recallers game obvi), and it seems to be going well thus far. But our last run of class he was like "NO SITTING THERE'S A DOG SOMEWHERE AROUND HERE SNIFFING YAY," but we were also positioned near the open garage door and the other class was arriving sooooo can't blame the dude TOO much.

It's weird because I thought he would be OK at 20" and maybe he would be with time, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? His 16" jumping is just so pretty (to me).
Yeah I set her up at the startline and then realized I had no plan LOL trying to avoid that and killing her excitement by making her wait forever, don't want the startline to become dis engage Tory is going to stumble around the course for a bit time.

If you're liking how he looks there I would stick with it! Feist was weird at sixteen inches, she seemed to struggle with jumping that low but still clearing it. She's at eighteen inches in the vid except for one I forgot to raise that's fourteen, and IMO that's still pretty effortless for her.

Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Yeah I set her up at the startline and then realized I had no plan LOL trying to avoid that and killing her excitement by making her wait forever, don't want the startline to become dis engage Tory is going to stumble around the course for a bit time.

If you're liking how he looks there I would stick with it! Feist was weird at sixteen inches, she seemed to struggle with jumping that low but still clearing it. She's at eighteen inches in the vid except for one I forgot to raise that's fourteen, and IMO that's still pretty effortless for her.
I'm definitely liking it better than 20". UKI is weird because in their version of preferred, not only would he lower the jump height but they also lower the frame height? Not sure how much I like that, but I'm sure he will be OK. I'm going to have to practice with the lower frame height to make sure his running contacts are good. I was actually feeling super stressed about the whole thing. Not sure why. I am dumb.

Feist looks great in the video. What do you think she measures?

Boundless Pawsibilities

Old Today, 12:23 AM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:

Feist looks great in the video. What do you think she measures?

Thanks! I think she's gotta be under 18", looking at her around the jumps that are that high? Gotta practice getting measured.

Old Today, 10:44 AM
Vizsla mom

Feist looks absolutely fantastic!!