Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM
Top Dog

As much as I love my EL rope leads, and still use some of them for a few things, nothing holds up to being dragged through yuck like beta does. I had to wash my rope leads like all. the. time.
Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM
Puppy Dog

We don't do many icky things but ever since I've started letting her wade in the creak and tossing the rope leash on top of my bag, it's been gross lol.

She comes out of the water and finds a way to shake all the wetness onto it or drags it with her paw and then it goes in the sand and then it's literally got all this caked sand embedded in the heart of it, not to mention other things it's fallen on in the park.
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
I'm All Ears

I have new neighbors who have been there for a few months. Actual conversation-

She is so overly friendly. It is so different from your other one!
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
orange iguanas.

Juno is sooooo slow on walks lately. Like, she's as far behind me as the leash allows, and I feel like I'm dragging her along. I can't do bike rides with her anymore because she doesn't even keep up the pace if I'm just coasting. She's normal in all other aspects and when she's off leash, seems to run and play just fine. I mean, we just finished a lure coursing class and that didn't seem to be physically taxing on her. So my brain can't decide if I should be worried that something is going on, or if she's just choosing to be a slowpoke and is fine. But my paranoia kicks in because my brother's boxer has a heart condition, and after she collapsed the first time, the only symptom he could recall in hindsight was that she was starting to lag on walks.

Argh.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
I'm All Ears

It is amazing what a difference hair makes.

hair3 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

hair by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Shes so BALD!
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie has been acting like he's having some pee problems but I wasn't positive... because he's always kind of weird and sometimes it's normal. This morning he was peeing funny, like peeing and almost looking like he had to poop at the same time. I just made another mental note to keep an eye on him. My mom told me when she fed him for dinner he went out to pee and he peed a little, moved, peed a little, moved, then peed a third time. So okay, yeah, I probably need meds for him again. He was JUST ON them, maybe a month ago. But right after he got off them somebody peed in the living room. Everybody wanted to blame Payton but it was a walk-and-pee mark. Payton doesn't do that, he just hikes a leg and pees. But Auggie and Georgie both are walk-and-pee-ers, so I knew it was one of them. Maybe his meds didn't do the job?

And after I said I would take his urine in and have it run, he peed in the living room. Walk-and-pee style. and I was like SEE???? I TOLD YOU IT WASN'T PAYTON. And okay yeah he really needs meds.

I hope he doesn't have more bladder stones and that's why the meds didn't work. =< I don't know if I should take him and have them do an x-ray to be sure, or try the meds for longer (we did two weeks...) and then run his urine again. I probably should have run his urine after we finished to make sure he was clear, but we're just on a meds routine with him and haven't actually run urine in ages. I didn't think I needed to...

Also Payton is really itchy. I gave him a bath in oatmeal shampoo and it didn't help. I brushed him out real good and it helped a TINY bit but he's acting like his skin is super sensitive right now. I feel bad for him. Benadryl didn't work, I bought an aloe spray and it's not really helping either (probably not even really getting down to the skin.) So both boys are having issues.

And Pepper is in season but not really because she's annoying like that. I KNOW she had straw colored discharge but she hasn't bled anything further. I know as soon as I'm like "okay I'll just take her back" she's going to start bleeding for real.

ARGH.

THESE DOGS.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM
Dogless

Control your dog. Your dog gets out once? That's fine. 10+ times within a short time span? That's just not ok.

Yes, your dog is dog friendly,from what I've seen. What happens when your dog runs into a dog with DA, or DR? I'm not sure how your dog is with children,& I don't want to find out. Yes, the dog might be fine, but I won't risk it. For now, I just tell them to not pet or interact with the dog(they listen, thankfully)

I believe your dog is intact. What will happen if dog ties, & is successful? Yes, your dog won't be pregnant, but , I sure hope you do something to help that owner,& their dog.

Sincerely,
Your neighbor

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian
Old Today, 02:24 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacuptiger View Post
As much as I love my EL rope leads, and still use some of them for a few things, nothing holds up to being dragged through yuck like beta does. I had to wash my rope leads like all. the. time.
Yep, only thing I don't like about rope. Most of my leads are rope, one is velour, my main one is leather. Different rope textures work better than others at repelling dirt. I have a yellow one PW gave me that it my designated hiking leash. It's so stained because it's the wrong material for getting dirty on hikes, but I love it.