Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-27-2014, 06:37 AM
Vizsla mom

Had the BEST. DOG. at the seminar yesterday. I think all of our focus& IC work has really been the key. She was amazing. We got bumped up to the more advanced group for the first time& she was probably the best dog in the group. Didn't miss the weaves once, hit every. Single. Contact. Except one teeter fly off. Even after the fly off she kept her cool& retook the teeter with just as much enthusiasm as before. Didn't miss any discriminations. I just seriously could not be prouder of my little red dog! It was easily her best performance to date. She was lightning fast, happy& confident.

I don't know if I posted about our seminar in June or July but she shut down, stressed completely& couldn't even break from a stay due to stress. It was such fabulous thing to see her adjust to a new environment that easy& with that much confidence. My dog was actually a joy to run yesterday. Ahhhhh I love her.

Last edited by yv0nne; 09-27-2014 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Top Dog

Entering Recon's first AKC trial on the (I think?) anniversary of his first CPE trial this year!

ASHLEY. WHERE ARE YOU? YOU NEED TO ENTER CROSS! TNT - Nov. 14-16th!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 09-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Had the BEST. DOG. at the seminar yesterday. I think all of our focus& IC work has really been the key. She was amazing. We got bumped up to the more advanced group for the first time& she was probably the best dog in the group. Didn't miss the weaves once, hit every. Single. Contact. Except one teeter fly off. Even after the fly off she kept her cool& retook the teeter with just as much enthusiasm as before. Didn't miss any discriminations. I just seriously could not be prouder of my little red dog! It was easily her best performance to date. She was lightning fast, happy& confident.

I don't know if I posted about our seminar in June or July but she shut down, stressed completely& couldn't even break from a stay due to stress. It was such fabulous thing to see her adjust to a new environment that easy& with that much confidence. My dog was actually a joy to run yesterday. Ahhhhh I love her.

Yay, so happy to hear this! You guys have sure been working hard, glad to hear it's paying off.

Feist and I are in the FDSA impulse control startline stay/contact class. Glad to report we've blazed through most of the beginning lectures, looks like we have a pretty darn good foundation for the startline. Gotta start working on that because although she didn't get overstimulated to the point of ignoring me at the disc dog comp, she was definitely 'up' from the environment.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle