Riots back from the SHOWW!!!!!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
OMG he did just freaking AMAZING for his first show!!! :) :) :) I can't stop smiling! haha
ok.. well today is his 16 week birthday! :) Today at 1:30 he went to the vets to get his 3rd booster shots.

Then from there, we drove out to the dog show for the afternoon and night. We JUST got back now.. (5 hours later)

Anyways.. we registered and everything.. got him settled in, walked him around the crowd, he did fairly good, little bit skittish but getting MUCH better!

So.. We take him back to the van, brush him up, do some practice runs and head back into the arena..

its our turn to go into the ring.. its best of Breed now.. We enter..
He did SOO SOO good for me, we exited the ring WITH;

-First
-Best Male
-Best of Puppy in Breed
-Best of Breed

I was sooo happy for him! SOO this moved us onto the "group", where he has to compete against all of the others that are in the group..

We enter the ring..
he did another AMAZING round!! We exited the ring WITH;

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
-Best Puppy in Group
-Best in Group

I was almost in tears he did SOO GOOD! lol I was jumping up and down hahaha i probabaly looked like an idiot at a sanctioned show lmao!
I was also blessed with my conformation coach being at the same show, so she was there to help me along the way as well :)

SOO.. maybe 2 hours pass, Riot is dead tired from waiting to enter Best in Show.. so am I..
We enter the Best in Show ring..

Riot was SOO tired, didn't perform the way he did in Breed and Group, so we didn't place. I also ran out of "treats" for him which didn't help lol He got distracted with all the other treats people in the Best in Show group kept dropping..(which pissed me off slightly lol)

but other then that, he did just amazing!!

Some things he'll need to work on now would be the handling of the judge on him, being at the vets.. he didn't have the greatest experience getting his temperature taking(whinned like he was dying) so whenever the judge went to touch around his bum he coward.. lol

Anyways, PICTURES are to come :)

WooHoo Riot, way to show em
that is an amazing preformance for such a young puppy
HUGE CONGRATS !!!

Bon

RD

Are you dead yet?
OMG!!!! BIG from the puppy ring is a HUGE accomplishment. CONGRATS! *Bounces up and down.* I'm so happy for you and Riot.

How many points did he win?

As for the cowering.. Dakota is training for formal obedience and he was terrible about his stand-for-exam for the same reason. It'll be pretty easy to correct with Riot I think since he's still young, just get someone he doesn't know well to approach him at home and touch his butt, check his "man parts" ( :eek: Dakota never did get used to that.) etc and reward him the whole time. I bait Dakota or pull out a little toy when his rear end is being examined, it helps to keep them distracted.

bubbatd

Great !! 4 blue ribbons, did he get best in show too ? You left that out !

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Thanks guys :) i'm SOO proud of my little man! haha

Because it wasn't a "CKC" show.. It was just a CKC sponsered sanction show, no points were awarded which kind sucks cause omg, he could have done well! hahaha

Nope, we didn't place in Best in Show.. he was dead tired by the end, we had to wait around for about 2 hours for the Best in Show to come along and he was just beat.. poor little tropper lol

RD; thats exactly what i was thinking.. maybe taking him to a park or something and have a random guy(who is willing) to just run their hands along Riots back or something while I have him in "show stand"

That is GREAT! And he did especially well for such a little feller! And you did really well too :D Even the greatest pup needs a great handler.

I'll bet having been to the vet so soon before the show really made it harder for him too. He'll do better on that next time.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Wow, congrats to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!! You couldn't have asked for a better day and outcome! Can't wait to see some pics.

Members online