The dog musing/vent thread

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Both Ned and Quinn were riding loose in the back of the car this morning, and Ned put his two front feet on the back of my mom's seat. Apparently this is against the rules because Quinn, very deliberately and carefully put her nose under Ned's throat, lifted him so his front feet were off the ground, turned him, and put him down again.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I sometimes wonder how much of what Mia does is intentional. After agility I had to make a (for real) emergency Walmart stop. So I locked the leftover meat from training in the center console. I came back in and the console was still closed. I opened it and the bag of meat was GONE.

It's almost creepy.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I don't take baths, but I decided to soak in one with some Epsom salt for my knee tonight. I left the door open and Rowan came in. He came right up to the edge, got all wide-eyed when he saw that I was WILLINGLY sitting in ~WATER~ like a crazy person, and spent a solid minute looking between the water and me as if to emphasize that he couldn't believe I'd do such a horrible thing.

Then, because he's a mama's boy, he lied down by the tub anyway until I got out.

I love my goofy dog.

SaraB

Zinga is on hardcore bootcamp.

She mangled, destroyed, demolished two wire crates on Sunday. TWO. One had to be welded back together, the other had to be strongly convinced to regain it's square shape.

Crate games, impulse control games, no more obnoxious nonstop wrestling with Zip Tie. Bootcamp.

She's fine in a crate when nothing is going on, but the first one was ruined when she was sitting at work and I had Zuma out working agility. The second was ruined when I was working Zip Tie at a disc dog playdate that evening. She's fine if it's her choice to stay somewhere (we do a lot of pedestal work, each dog holds there position while I work the other), but the second she's actually restrained, she flips out.

Yesterday started well, lets just see if I can keep it up for the next few weeks.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I don't take baths, but I decided to soak in one with some Epsom salt for my knee tonight. I left the door open and Rowan came in. He came right up to the edge, got all wide-eyed when he saw that I was WILLINGLY sitting in ~WATER~ like a crazy person, and spent a solid minute looking between the water and me as if to emphasize that he couldn't believe I'd do such a horrible thing.

Then, because he's a mama's boy, he lied down by the tub anyway until I got out.

I love my goofy dog.
I'm very much a bath person. Harlow RUNS into the bathroom once the water starts running as she loves, loves, loves to drink fresh bathwater out of my hands. She will climb up on the tub and just wait and it cracks me up. Rider gets locked in the bathroom with me because he knows I'm not watching him and uses that time to lick/rip up our sheets. Snotface.

Airn

So my grandfather's dog is seriously overweight. She should 40-50lbs. He took her to the vet last week and she had GAINED 4 lbs, taking her to 70lbs. He thought she was losing weight since she don't eat dog food. So I asked what she eats...
He's been feeding her corned beef hash...

The vet told him that was fine since it had "something" in it. (I don't remember what he said.)

Then he feeds my dog twenty treats and says to her "We'll have to stop or Mommy will get mad."

Lol I love my Papa but he's not a dog savy person. (He LOVES Gwen though and gets upset if I don't bring her.)

Walter went to the vet today and happy wee'd all over floor when both the vet and the tech greeted him.

Is it weird that my puppy is so happy to see the vet that he wees on himself?

Apparently it didn't bother her. She said if I ever needed to re-home him she'd take him in a second.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Wesley ate the eye out of my border collie stuffed animal's head. Trying not to take this as a bad omen bahaha.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Walter went to the vet today and happy wee'd all over floor when both the vet and the tech greeted him.

Is it weird that my puppy is so happy to see the vet that he wees on himself?

Apparently it didn't bother her. She said if I ever needed to re-home him she'd take him in a second.
Hahaha, Wesley loved the vet techs as a puppy. So cute.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Abrams has destroyed his second Kong wubba.

Toy ideas, anyone? Preferably one that squeaks, but does not have fibers to be ingested?

Dagwall

Abrams has destroyed his second Kong wubba.

Toy ideas, anyone? Preferably one that squeaks, but does not have fibers to be ingested?
I've had good luck with the kong squeezz toys with my boy. Of course with him it was the coolest thing on earth for about 45 minutes straight and pretty much ignored completely now. But if anything can stand up to 45 minutes of his attention it's pretty tough. My kong wubba only survives because it's only used as an interacted fetch/tug toy, he'd destroy it in about 10-15 minutes if I let him.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
The only ones I've found have feet, and he'd eat those off. Do they make them just round? If so, he'd LOVE it.

He used to be able to have stuffing-free "plush" toys, but now he immediately goes in for the squeaker kill. Once the squeaker is out, then chewing obbessively on the loose fibers is his favorite game. I'm pretty sure he's already ate part of a squeaker, part of a plastic bit from another toy, and god knows how many fibers, and I'm just waiting for him to block. :rolleyes: So to save my nerves and his gut, all fiber-type toys besides his rope toy are being thrown away, and we're going to strictly non-destructible toys. He had a blue Kong squeaky ball thing, but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere. No idea where he stashed it.

Red.Apricot

My neighbors to the back have a Maltese (mix?) that barks non stop, all day, every day. The dog wears a bark collar, and it lights up every time she barks.

It's starting to wear on me.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Fun dog observation: you can ask your dog to lie down when it gets on the sofa and it will snort in your ear, block the TV, put its bum in your face and snot on you. Ask the dog to get OFF the sofa and it does a down a competitively trained lying down dog would be jealous of. Or is that just my dogs?? Lol :D

Locke

I bought Smiley a fleece tug with real rabbit fur in it. I can't wait for it to get here. I think he's going to go nuts for it!

k9krazee

Fun dog observation: you can ask your dog to lie down when it gets on the sofa and it will snort in your ear, block the TV, put its bum in your face and snot on you. Ask the dog to get OFF the sofa and it does a down a competitively trained lying down dog would be jealous of. Or is that just my dogs?? Lol :D
Haha yep! "Oh, please don't make me get off. I'll be really good and lay right here and you'll never even know I'm here!!!"

Members online

No members online now.