The dog musing/vent thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The papillons are both being RIDICULOUSLY happy today. Bouncy all around, both won't leave me alone. All grins. Mia is pestering Hank.

Cross your fingers this lasts. I have NO idea what the difference has been the last day or two regarding all 3 dogs but things are going amazingly today.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Rigby either has an insane amount of trust in me....or she's just not that bright.

She was sitting with her back facing the edge of the bed, and as I walked by she tilted her head back, looked at me, and then lifted her front legs off the bed and fell backwards into me. If I wasn't there to catch her she would have fallen head first and backwards onto the floor. :confused:
It was like one of those trust building exercises they do at camps lol.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Serious Puppy want right now. NO! Just....why?! I keep finding myself looking at petfinder and craigslist and breeder pages. Someone stop me!

There's really no way to even consider a new dog at this moment (though soon enough there will be :eek: lol), but I can't help the want!

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Briz and Uly got in a fight last night, first time in almost two months. No idea what precipitated it, maybe a lone piece of kibble behind a crate and Brisbane feeling cornered. This is probably the first time I've allowed them to get that close to each other in that small of a space, so we're back to more supervision and crating. Ru is all being crated a whole lot because he likes it better than being tethered. Crates for everyone!

I just ordered a used copy of Ski Spot Run since Uly clearly enjoys pulling. My pulmonologist wanted me to start running again, so apparently we're taking up canicross.

After years and years of research I've finally discovered that there is a direct relationship between how likely your dog is to poop during any given walk.

I've graphed my results here:

"Oops, forgot my poop bags. Oh well, I'm just going around the block."

"Why not take a dog to this outdoor social event? It'll be fine."

"Oh sure, the dog wants to sniff this flowerbed right next to a campus tour group. I'll indulge her."

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Flirt pole is a big hit with Hank.

Also noticed the neighbors across the street opened their blinds to watch me train Hank and Summer today while they were eating dinner. Then when I packed up my stuff they closed them. I think they were mostly wowed by Summer doing the weave poles lol.

One day I WILL have a place where I can practice in the back yard and not the front. But seriously it's the only place here.

Hank is also being a jerk to the paps again. Yesterday they were all so nice together that it got my hopes up. He's just so wild.

I'm starting to get cold feet about giving Quid up. Keeping him would be selfish, and he's not the second lhw or border collie I wanted, but I love him so much. He graduated intermediate classes last night and his trainer told me that Quid is one of the most improved dogs he's seen in 15 years.

Its just a mess

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Abrams just belched in my face, then let out the loudest fart while he was climbing up onto the bed.

Good to know there is still a man in the house. Gross boy. Ugh.

Morrison turned 6 today! I can't believe it. It feels like just yesterday that he was dropped off by his previous owner. It's weird to think that he has been with me for 5 years. Needless to say he is being spoiled rotten today :D.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Vet was so freaking AWESOME! He definitely raised the bar for what I now think a vet should be by a million! :p I feel strange gushing over my vet (in a completely platonic way lol), but omg. I've never seen a vet this freaking awesome!

Also, said Talon's joint felt good upon maneuvering them (Talon was uncooperative though so it was kind of tough for the vet), so we are going ahead with x-rays. X-rays to rule out joint issues etc, plus I'd feel better knowing. Otherwise we will talk about non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and crate rest plus exercises to do.

I've decided to get Talon neutered at the same time. For no other reason other than were we will be living after this generally requires dogs to be neutered and so it's easier to do it now than wait later. Plus it will be super easy for them to do x-rays when he is completely under. So yeah......I'm so nervous. First time he will be under!

My newest clients just got a puppy. They have never ever had a puppy before. Ever. So they decided to go buy a working-bred ACD pup from a farm in backwoods Quebec. Puppy was raised in a barn and has never been in a home before. He is four months old and gets to go around the block once a day. And they wonder why he is mauling them.

Sekah

The Monster.
As the days get colder and shorter, Megatron practically hides when she sees me fetching the dogs' leashes, and Cohen has more energy than she knows what to do with (and I have less daylight hours to drain it!).

As the days get colder and shorter, Megatron practically hides when she sees me fetching the dogs' leashes, and Cohen has more energy than she knows what to do with (and I have less daylight hours to drain it!).
Ugh, I hate losing the daylight. It seems by the time I'm ready to go for a nice long walk in the day, the sun is already starting going down.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Cajun is too sensitive and likes to shut down the moment she's told off for anything (stop eating goose poop. Just stop.).

Juno just doesn't have the stamina anymore to play very long.

Individual park time with both dogs took me less than a total of 30mins today due to those factors. I need something that's not broken.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Hank's displays of enthusiasm are kind of... hilarious.

We're working impulse control out the back door. I asked him if he wanted to go potty and he ran and did a good 4' jump, landed all 4 feet on the middle of the back door then landed in a perfect sit. Because he knows he has to sit to be let out.

Then I went to give him his frozen kong and he jumped on top of his wire crate instead of into it.

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.