What is Cynder?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
We've just always called her a Retriever/Spaniel mix. Isn't that so descriptive? :p I'm curious what everyone thinks she may have in her. The people Michael adopted her from said she was a Lab/German Shepherd mix. Uh-huh. Right.

Soooo....what do you think she is? She's 8 years old, 28 pounds, and about 16" tall. Thick, double coat (like a Shepherd). Very light boned. She does have a few purple spots on her tounge, too, if that matters, but for whatever reason I have seen a handful of similar sized, similar built multi-mixes with purple splotches on their tounges. She holds her tail up when she's excited about something, but it doesn't curl. I have to trim up her feet every few months because they get really fuzzy, too.

My current guess is mom was a Lab/GSD and dad was some kind of Brittany-esque dog, but I've been told she looks like she may have Border Collie or American Eskimo in there, too. I don't really see the Eskie, myself, but her build is light framed like a small Border Collie.

Hmm. Not sure. But her coat doesn't lead me to think GSD at all and neither does her size/structure. I see the Lab but not sure what else. Maybe some kind of Spaniel?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I call those kind of dogs labradogs. Haha. I'm no help.

Lab x something x something x something x lab?

MicksMom

Honestly, except for her size, I'd have said Lab/GSD mix. I was really surprised when you mentioned how small she is in another thread.

...My current guess is mom was a Lab/GSD and dad was some kind of Brittany-esque dog...
I think that is a pretty accurate guess. I really don't think there's only 2 or 3 breeds in her make up. For what it's worth, I've seen purebred GSDs, Newfoundlands and Golden Retrievers with purple splotches on their tongues.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I guess she will continue to be a Retriever Spaniel mix! Lol Good to know you guys aren't seeing anything that I missed.

Members online

No members online now.