22 Pound Cat Traps Family

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
We didn't either unless said animal was an extreme danger and that was only long enough to sedate.

Remember I also handle crazy, half ton animals for a living so no, a crazy cat is not intimidating to me, I give respect where respect is due, but I don't fear them.
I grew up with horses. Granted, not in the same way that you deal with them, but we had some that were...fun, when trying to get them to do something they didn't want to do.

Horses don't hold a candle to angry cats in my eyes :p

The day a horse grows pointy teeth and razorblade feet, I'll be as cautious around them as I am around a fractious cat. :p

And agreed, a catch pole is a terrible idea for a variety of reasons... there are much safer ways to handle a fractious cat that doesn't make them even MORE scared for their next visit.

My 25 pound cat, Orville, was more than a handful when he flipped his lid. If he went to the vet and spent more than a couple of minutes inside, he would start to lose it. To even get to that point, we had to stop using the carrier while driving as if we did, he would be screaming in rage before we walked inside. We started taking him in a pillowcase with just his head sticking out, and we could at least get inside before he went off the deep end. I have a lot of scars on my hands and arms from Orville, and almost all of them are from taking him to the vet. He was at one time, "The worst patient ever" at the vet I used to go to. There's a new one now, not as big as Orville, but even more insane. He was pretty much laid back at home:

One of the cats I have now will not tolerate me giving her any meds at all. She seems to have a hair trigger. I was trying to give her some antibiotic liquid, and I triggered a 10 minute meltdown that ended with her attacking my leg. If I had been barefoot, it would have been bad. She bit the back of my shoes about a dozen times each, screaming in rage. at 9 pounds, it's kind of comical, but still a little scary. 99% of the time, she's really cuddly and wants to be held and carried around:

I had the crap bitten out of me by a cat when I worked at the vet's office... I don't like them, probably never will... That said... This is ridiculous. They seriously called the police to deal with a mad cat? That's incredibly stupid.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I grew up with horses. Granted, not in the same way that you deal with them, but we had some that were...fun, when trying to get them to do something they didn't want to do.

Horses don't hold a candle to angry cats in my eyes :p
Oh no, they do, trust me.

The day a horse grows pointy teeth and razorblade feet, I'll be as cautious around them as I am around a fractious cat. :p

And agreed, a catch pole is a terrible idea for a variety of reasons... there are much safer ways to handle a fractious cat that doesn't make them even MORE scared for their next visit.
LOL I guess you have never handled many mean horses, have you? You can always throw a blanket over a cat, heck, you can even DART it while still in the cage, with a horse you have to get close to administer the sedative, and some horses HATE needles like some people do, like to the point of being phobic, and a horse having a freak out in a 12x12 stall is not a fun thing to have happen. I would rather deal with the cat in that situation LOL

Members online

No members online now.