"Attitudes, laws against pit bulls soften"

RBark

Got Floof?
I can't decide if this article is in support or against the changing attitudes about BSL. :confused:

http://news.yahoo.com/attitudes-laws-against-pit-bulls-soften-052425454.html
That is one of the most well-written journalistic articles I've read in a long time, especially on such a hotbutton issue. It's not mean to be in support or against it, it's written to provide people with the information they want from both side, presenting both the objective facts and the emotional anecdotes for both sides equally, so that people can make up their own minds rather than be pushed towards one direction or another like so much of news is.

AmberD

That is one of the most well-written journalistic articles I've read in a long time, especially on such a hotbutton issue. It's not mean to be in support or against it, it's written to provide people with the information they want from both side, presenting both the objective facts and the emotional anecdotes for both sides equally, so that people can make up their own minds rather than be pushed towards one direction or another like so much of news is.
Agreed... an *article* should not be for or against anything. Anything that is, is an editorial. That said, I think it was a decent article, but I wish they'd have diversified the pictures a little. All five pictures are from the same breeder, one is obviously an American Bully... and a quick search for the kennel finds it boasts the "biggest baddest bullies in the Midwest." Yayyy... :rolleyes:

Also, while the article does show both sides, I would be willing to bet the journalist leans toward the BSL crowd. Closing arguments are everything. And he allows the fact that pit bull attacks ceased after a ban to be cited as "proof" that BSL works without doing any research on the effect the ban had on dog bites in general.

Members online

No members online now.