Ruffwear Front Range Harness

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I don't like mine either! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

It does fit Talla pretty well, but the harness just does not work on Dobermans.
Oh thank god! I man, I'm a total gear sob but I was beginning to think I was being irrational.

Britt, I could ship you mine to try before you buy if you want.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
It really depends on build. I *love* them on Mira and Lodin, but they wouldn't fit Kim as well or Webster at all.

xpaeanx

Just wondering how they compare to each other.
Well the biggest difference to me is that the webmaster has 3 points of attachment so a more secure hold on the dog. Which is important to me when I have to like help him up rock scrambles and stuff.

The front range has a more padded front than the webmaster, which is nice but does add a bit of bulk to the harness. But it's also much easier/quicker to put on than the webmaster.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
The Front Range definitely has a wider and more supportive chest area, it's also really nicely padded.

I find it much easier to put on because it has clips on either side, so no lifting feet through straps.

The Webmaster has that third strap behind the ribcage to keep dogs from slithering out backwards. The handle also sits really far back compared to any other harness I've used.

Therefore I can carry him like a suitcase.

JacksonsMom

I ended up ordering it! Had the $20 gift card plus had a $20 off $49 coupon from Brookstone so ended up paying like $17 for the harness plus a hoodie... so yay, LOL, might as well try it... I'll let ya know how I like it when it arrives!

Elrohwen

Looks like it fits him very well!

I'm actually glad this thread popped up because I'm kind of down on the Front Range harness right now. It's causing huge mats in Watson's chest hair, and I feel like I should be trying to grow it out. They are just surface mats that come right out, but it seems like the harness is breaking hairs off, then they mat together, then they pull out, leaving his chest hair kind of short and blotchy. Probably not an issue for most people, but definitely one for long haired dogs. I never had this problem with previous harness.

JacksonsMom

Looks like it fits him very well!

I'm actually glad this thread popped up because I'm kind of down on the Front Range harness right now. It's causing huge mats in Watson's chest hair, and I feel like I should be trying to grow it out. They are just surface mats that come right out, but it seems like the harness is breaking hairs off, then they mat together, then they pull out, leaving his chest hair kind of short and blotchy. Probably not an issue for most people, but definitely one for long haired dogs. I never had this problem with previous harness.
Oh no! I likely won't have that problem with Jax since I keep his hair so short, but I could see it being an issue with a feathery or furrier dog.

I haven't got a chance to use it for long periods of time yet, so we'll see if I continue to like it. But if I don't, I got it for super cheap due to my gift cards and coupons so not too worried about it.

Members online

No members online now.