Dog Beds?

Dreeza

I want to get a nice doggy bed for Oakley so he can have his place during the day (he will never go in his crate...only at night)

what kind of dog bed is best? And how do you determine what size to get?

i know those seem like kinda dumb questions, lol, but i was looking, and i have like NO concept of size, even when oakley was standing by the beds...(in petco)

He always lays on his side, but in his crate, cant do that...so think i would be better off getting the one with walls or just a flat one (he has one like that in his crate...)

also...should i make sure it has that cedar stuff, or is that not that important?

and...last thing...he managed to rip holes in his other...is there a better material i should look for, or ones i should stay away from?

Thanks! :)

luvmydogs

my dogs never lay on their dog pillows..nice and fluffy, and even sowed them new fabric...they prefer the floor.id love to buy a nice fancy one, but it would be only for decoration, cus they wouldnt lay on it

Dreeza

hahaha

silly heads...

oakley likes the floor, but would rather be in my bed better...so i figure he should get his own

luvmydogs

Dreeza said:
hahaha

silly heads...

oakley likes the floor, but would rather be in my bed better...so i figure he should get his own
oh of course, they lay in my bed too sometimes. but dog bed is not like you're bed...believe me, i even laid on those pillows tryin to get them to lay on it. they acted like its contaminated.lol

Dreeza

ahahah

do your dogs sleep in a crate at night? cuz oakley has a doggie pillow in there, and seems to love it...well, despite the fact that when i take it out, he would rather attempt to rip it to shreds before laying in it..and succeeded on more than one occasion, so now its missing some fluff, and is all lumpy...but sheesh, if he wants a nice bed, he cant keep ripping it! those things are expensive!

but yeah, when i put it in the kitchen, he usually wants to lay on that

Irish

I have found that my dogs only like the flat ones. I've bought a few of the pillow type ones through the years and none of my dogs liked them. They don't want to have to climb up to it, I guess.

Fran27

The dogs seem to think that dog beds are toys to rip off and the floor is the best place to sleep. Boris *never* sleeps on the couch, he just plays and rests a bit there, but will always go on the wood floor to sleep.

They're weird. I kinda want to buy something for them to sleep in at night in winter because the floor will be cold, but I'm not sure it will be any good.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Teddy has a flat one. We got it for long car rides so he has something to sleep on in the back but we never thought he would use it otherwise. but now he uses it all the time. He takes his bones on his bed to chew them or if he has a stuffed kong he will take that to his bed also lol and he moves the bed around to wherever he wants it lol.

Dreeza

sparks19 said:
Teddy has a flat one. We got it for long car rides so he has something to sleep on in the back but we never thought he would use it otherwise. but now he uses it all the time. He takes his bones on his bed to chew them or if he has a stuffed kong he will take that to his bed also lol and he moves the bed around to wherever he wants it lol.

haha yea, thats what oakley does sometimes...

how much bigger is your bed than Teddy? Im trying to buy one off ebay or something, cuz they go for pretty cheap, but its hard, cuz i cant see how big it is, i just have the dimensions

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I"m not entirely sure of the size but teddy is 90 lbs and the bed is probably 3 1/2 or 4 feet long and 2 1/2 wide.

bogolove

I always wanted to buy one of those dog couches, but I don't know if it would be a waste of money because Brady likes to go in his crate to sleep. Or on our couch.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Teddy isn't allowed on the couch anymore lol he's too big and he always wanted to be up there with us then would proceed to kick us and push us around if we were in his way lol and if we didn't move he would let out this big *SIGH* lol so now he is allowed on the chair or on the floor lol so he uses his bed a lot now.

Adrienne

For Gunnar he has an old crib mattress that is covered in plastic. It works great, easy to wipe down when it gets dirty and he can't chew it like he could a fabric one. It is also plenty big for him and should be throughout his life. He LOVES it! I think it stays cooler in the summer too because of the plastic covering.

Members online

No members online now.