Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Xolo breeders???

Right now I'm just browsing... so disclaimer is that I am NOT getting another dog ANY time soon.

At some point I would like to get another dog, either when one of mine passes on or if we wind up in a situation where I feel we can handle a 4th dog, i.e own our own home and if I feel I'm at a point in training with my current dogs and am willing to add another.

I'm sort of back and forth on a few different breeds and trying to narrow it down to what I really want. There's a part of me that wants another herding breed (either a smooth coat BC or kelpie).... part of me would like another Ibizan, but a bigger part of me really wants to add a Xolo (prefer hairless, but open to coated as well). Each breed would serve to be a great fit for different interests I have (dog sports, etc), but I have plenty of time to decide which is the best fit for what I'm wanting when I'm ready for another dog.

I found only 5 or 6 Xolo breeders in the US and of those only a couple have websites that I can find. The others just have email addresses. I'd really like a miniature or standard if I was to actually pursue one (do not want a toy at all and prefer a dog between 16-20 inches or so in height) .

Since there are so few breeders in the US I'm considering the possibility of importing one from a breeder in Mexico if I happen to find the right breeder once I'm actually ready to pursue one.

Anyone know of breeders the would recommend me look more into??? The only "importing" experience I have is from when I got Cricket from RD when she was living in Mexico so I have no idea how importing usually works? If I chose to import I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Mexico to pick up my puppy as well.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM
woof!

Pompadour was imported from Mexico, the breeder is located in Guadalajara Jalisco, so he went in a plane to Mexico city were my mom and I were waiting from him since we were in a vacation there.

So any specific question you have I can try to help wit my experience.

This are some website that I could find of breeders who show:

This breeder has medium and minis http://www.perrosdemexico.com.mx/mcroc/

This other breeder has standards, medium and minis however he lives in Tijuana

http://www.facebook.com/CriaderoCaliente

http://www.criaderocaliente.com/
Old 02-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

If you are wanting to DO things imports tend to be more sporty and more of a stable temperament. Not to mention way more options. Im on the tablet right now but if you add me on fb I can connect you to a good number of amazing breeders.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Talk to Ana Poe of Paco Collars.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.