Future breeds?

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Linds keeps refusing to clone Traveler. It's a problem.
Hey, I got a Traveler! He's just in the new colour :)

Ned and Traveler are freaky similar. They even have the same post-dinner ritual of rubbing on couches.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Hey, I got a Traveler! He's just in the new colour :)

Ned and Traveler are freaky similar. They even have the same post-dinner ritual of rubbing on couches.
Oh I see so she finally cloned a Traveler and then gave the clone to someone else. I had dibs! Dibs, I say, DIBS!

Locke

Not sure if I'll ever get a purebred puppy of any breed, but if I do, some breeds I'm currently into are:

- Brittany
- Border Collie
- Mini Poodle

For my next dog though, breed isn't as important as the requirement of being a disc dog. I NEED a disc dog. NEEEEEEEEEEED! I also don't really want a dog that sheds, so that kind of bumps up the poodle, but I've had poodles for the last 11 years, and have a mini poodle (mix) right now...kind of want to try something brand new! like a Brittany...but they aren't exactly "disc dogs"

On my high list:
- Border Terrier (it's very likely this will be nextdog)
- Border Collie (there's also a high probability with this, too, but I'll be fairly specific about my wants, and breeder, etc)
- Mini American Shepherd (I want a herding breed, but maybe in a smaller package, maybe less intensity, I'll be picky about breeders here too)
- Australian Shepherd (I keep going back and forth with them).

^ That's kind of my thought process AND order right now. I'm hoping by mid-late 2015, I should be ready. I've narrowed down breeders for two of these breeds.
I really need you meet a Hudson. He's a little more outgoing & social than a lot of ES, but...

More LHW!

I'm super torn between another long hair or a bc. Both sighthounds and herders fit me supernwell, and I can't decide. Shrimp and I have worked through most of our problems, and I can't omagine how wonderful he could have been with a more solid.temperment. but bcs keep calling to me as well.

Right nlw I'm keeping feelers out for the perfect breeding of either breed,and then making the jump!

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I would love to a Fiest, a Summer.
Breeds I'd like to own, & are highly considering
Shetland Sheepdog-Very likely that this will be my nextdog.
Papillon- Probably wouldn't be my nextdog, but will own one in the future.
Border Collie- Likely that this will be my nextdog, but I am leaning more towards the Sheltie.
Mudi-I'd love to own a Mudi, but the barking, & trying to find a breeder is what put me off.
Miniature American Shepherd

Breeds I'd like to own, & may own
Koolie- Haven't researched much about the breed, so not sure yet.
German Shepherd- I've also loved the breed, & loved the GSDs I have met. Maybe one day I will own one.
Golden Retriever- Might own a Golden,might not. It just depends.
Belgian Tervuren- There such beautiful dogs, haven't done much research on them either.

Pops2

I would love to a Fiest, a Summer.
Breeds I'd like to own, & are highly considering
Shetland Sheepdog-Very likely that this will be my nextdog.
Papillon- Probably wouldn't be my nextdog, but will own one in the future.
Border Collie- Likely that this will be my nextdog, but I am leaning more towards the Sheltie.
Mudi-I'd love to own a Mudi, but the barking, & trying to find a breeder is what put me off.
Miniature American Shepherd

Breeds I'd like to own, & may own
Koolie- Haven't researched much about the breed, so not sure yet.
German Shepherd- I've also loved the breed, & loved the GSDs I have met. Maybe one day I will own one.
Golden Retriever- Might own a Golden,might not. It just depends.
Belgian Tervuren- There such beautiful dogs, haven't done much research on them either.
you probably don't really want a feist. feists are working bred terriers and IN GENERAL their temperaments & personalities are NOTHING like the herders you mention. if you look you might find an individual feist similar in personality & temperament to the herders you like but they will be few and far between.

Pops2

going to afghanistan soon, i tried to talk the DW into letting me bring home a pup from the region. she said i could bring home an afghan wife before i could bring home an afghan dog. i'm half tempted just to teach her a lesson, but i don't think i could survive the insanity of two women telling me what to do & how i'm doing it wrong.

when i get back i'll be looking hard at patterdale terriers and jagdterriers plus whippets.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
you probably don't really want a feist. feists are working bred terriers and IN GENERAL their temperaments & personalities are NOTHING like the herders you mention. if you look you might find an individual feist similar in personality & temperament to the herders you like but they will be few and far between.
I believe she meant Feist the individual dog (the BC), not the breed.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
What I want to say:
More JRT!
Borzoi
Working-bred lab
Other awesome purebreds.

The reality:
Most likely I will have fosters that turn into not fosters.

Essentially, I LOVE the idea of having purebred dogs. Love having a good, correct example of a breed. Love the health testing and attention to temperament that go into the dogs. I love learning about lines and breeders, etc. But what I want is a stable temperament and a disc/agility/rally prospect. And yes, you can build disc drive in a dog, but I love that I know I can find a disc crazy dog in rescue, and not play the maybe game with a puppy. So most likely when the time comes for another dog, I will be hunting for people who have disc crazy fosters, or pulling dogs who like discs with a rescue backing me until I find the right dog. I WILL have more JRT, that's for sure :D

Pops2

i like naming dogs kitty, so people get confused when i call, "here kitty, kitty" and a dog comes walking out.

Members online

No members online now.