Bringing a puppy home on a plane

Toller_08

You all totally guessed correctly and ruined my whole reveal thread if it happens, just so you know! But that's my fault for saying too much and too many similar things to Fran by accident. :rofl1:

So just keep your fingers crossed that Fran and I will soon have siblings because that would be super exciting and I love, love, love these puppies! But even if it doesn't happen then you'll just have to wait for new Aussie puppy pictures next year! But I really, really hope it works out. So stressful not knowing.

How awesome would it be if every puppy in that litter went to a chaz person?!
Jess would get Ella of course lol
That would be! And I can have Billie. I have so much love for Billie. But I really do love all of them, so anybody will be great just as long as it's a girl!

Aleron

LOL there was an ALF marathon on Thankgiving and Jeff said that liking ALF when I was little unknowingly made me want a Belgian.

Toller How could your mom resist fluffy Belgian puppies!? I don't know if a Belgian would be harder to live with than a Koolie or a Toller. Abd you have Dobes too. Usually I warn of shriekiness and obsessions and quirkiness and neediness but well...

We have a Belgian Mal puppy (Czech lines) here in rescue. My friend is fostering it - if you haven't seen him he is in desperate need of a Mal equipped home. If you have the puppy fever... check him out ?
Is this by chance the Mal pup that an agility person with BCs had initially? A shelter turn in and really young? Very sad :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
YAAAAAAY!!
Okay I still wanted it to be a BC puppy but I'm super excited to have more doggy siblings on the board. I hope it works out!!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
You all totally guessed correctly and ruined my whole reveal thread if it happens, just so you know! But that's my fault for saying too much and too many similar things to Fran by accident. :rofl1:

So just keep your fingers crossed that Fran and I will soon have siblings because that would be super exciting and I love, love, love these puppies! But even if it doesn't happen then you'll just have to wait for new Aussie puppy pictures next year! But I really, really hope it works out. So stressful not knowing.

That would be! And I can have Billie. I have so much love for Billie. But I really do love all of them, so anybody will be great just as long as it's a girl!
HOLD UP. We still need a reveal thread AS SOON AS YOU FIND OUT.

ETA: Also, you'd totally have to let me know when you're picking up puppy so I could come meet you, too :p

Toller_08

LOL there was an ALF marathon on Thankgiving and Jeff said that liking ALF when I was little unknowingly made me want a Belgian.

Toller How could your mom resist fluffy Belgian puppies!? I don't know if a Belgian would be harder to live with than a Koolie or a Toller. Abd you have Dobes too. Usually I warn of shriekiness and obsessions and quirkiness and neediness but well...
Too funny! When I said that I was a little worried I might offend one of you Belgian owners, but I think ALF is cute!

And I don't really know why. They've always kind of overwhelmed her for whatever reason. She likes them, but doesn't want to live with one. I've never actually asked her - I just remember a couple years ago her requesting that my next dog not be a Belgian. She finds them really intense, more so than Koolies or the other breeds we've owned.

YAAAAAAY!!
Okay I still wanted it to be a BC puppy but I'm super excited to have more doggy siblings on the board. I hope it works out!!
Thanks! I do like Border Collies a lot, but Aussies are just that breed that I come back to over and over again and have for years for whatever reason. They just stick with me.

HOLD UP. We still need a reveal thread AS SOON AS YOU FIND OUT.

ETA: Also, you'd totally have to let me know when you're picking up puppy so I could come meet you, too :p
I probably won't be there long (just an overnight stay probably) and I'll be so overwhelmed with shock and stress, haha. Never flown alone, the airport I hear is huge, have to go to the breeder's house all alone. I'm a reserved person and this all sounds a lot more overwhelming in my head than it probably will be. Thank goodness the breeder sounds incredibly nice, so that's good, but still... as excited as I am I am also really worried about the whole getting to and from thing!

I don't know the city at all and wouldn't be able to meet you anywhere without getting lost LOL. But it would be cool to meet you!

This whole new experiences and being an adult thing sounds good but I hate how worried I get when I think about where I'll stay and getting there and back. I just keep reminding myself that plenty of people travel to places they've never been to pick up their puppies and it's all good.

Yay Aussie puppy!! Are either of you planning on showing? I am SO EXCITED for you!
I'm not really. I requested a pet and my main goal is just to enjoy her and have fun without putting pressure on myself to actually do certain things. But I love Obedience so will probably at least do that, and will train in Agility. Also heard of a good Flyball club really close to home recently. And I hope whichever puppy I get loves Frisbee! We don't have any Disc Dog clubs near me, which sucks, but I still want a frisbee dog because it's fun. But yeah, probably no conformation showing. I tried that and it's just not my thing. I find it so awkward. Maybe if I took better handling classes it would be better, as I really didn't know what I was doing very well.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yes! Billie! Bring home Billie!

*excited dance*

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
LOL oh and hopefully disc is a genetic thing because both Hustle and Sojo love it and I'm hoping it's something we can try too!

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Yaaay another baby Aussie! So excited for updates .. I know it must be killing you guys. :p Okay so I seriously hope at least one of you get Etta because adorable (okay who am I kidding, they're all adorable).

I probably won't be there long (just an overnight stay probably) and I'll be so overwhelmed with shock and stress, haha. Never flown alone, the airport I hear is huge, have to go to the breeder's house all alone. I'm a reserved person and this all sounds a lot more overwhelming in my head than it probably will be. Thank goodness the breeder sounds incredibly nice, so that's good, but still... as excited as I am I am also really worried about the whole getting to and from thing!

I don't know the city at all and wouldn't be able to meet you anywhere without getting lost LOL. But it would be cool to meet you!

This whole new experiences and being an adult thing sounds good but I hate how worried I get when I think about where I'll stay and getting there and back. I just keep reminding myself that plenty of people travel to places they've never been to pick up their puppies and it's all good.
Not to sound creepy or whatever, but if you want I can give you my # or something. I live literally two mins from the airport (and yeah, it is a big airport but it's pretty manageable) and if you feel lost or anything I can certainly help guide you in the right direction. I know it can be scary to go new places! :) Same goes for Fran!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
It would be great to have a number to call of someone around! LOL I'm staying at the breeders as well for the weekend.. and the airport is YYZ (Toronto Pearson) :) she lives quite a way from the airport itself and is picking me up but I'd love to have lunch or something at some point on my way in or out (hopefully out because then you'd get to meet puppy!) not sure how that would work since my flight times are both kind of late but if I get there early or anything I could text you!

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
That would be awesome! I don't really mind if it's kinda late because I'm soooo close to the airport (literally within walking distance if there were no highways) and I'm practically nocturnal anyway. And I'd LOVE to meet puppy too. I'll send you a PM!

monkeys23

Yay this is so exciting!!!! :D

So the Aussie pups will still be small enough for riding in a carrier on the plane with you? I'm trying to decide if the next year or so I should be planning on flying to pick up future puppeh or renting a better car and driving. Is a Terv puppy going to be too big to fly in a little carrier?

Usually I warn of shriekiness and obsessions and quirkiness and neediness but well...[\QUOTE]
Hahaha, thats too hilarious! I totally had Alf hi-tops as a kid... I guess now we know eh?

That last sentence is like Scout to a t. Why the hell do I want more? Clearly something wrong.... I am so antsy to see what my probable breeders next future plans are going to be. I think this is how its supposed to feel!

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
Yay this is so exciting!!!! :D

So the Aussie pups will still be small enough for riding in a carrier on the plane with you? I'm trying to decide if the next year or so I should be planning on flying to pick up future puppeh or renting a better car and driving. Is a Terv puppy going to be too big to fly in a little carrier?
Nah, I've flown 8-10 week old BC pups in cabin. Most airlines are pretty relaxed about it.

SaraB

I just want it to be known that I did not prematurely spill the beans to PW. She already had it figured out when I told her. :rofl1:

Also, now that it's out in the open and there's no risk of me accidentally giving it away... I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! I am so dang excited for 2x fuzzy aussie puppy pictures! And, now there's twice as much chance that someone is bringing either Nina or Billy home and that makes me happy.

Members online

No members online now.