The musing thread

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Damnit I want pancakes again.

Mmmmmm. With sugar and lemon this time.

Very naughty baby!!!!! I'm not going to have them though. No no no.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
This happened to me in Germany. I wanted fluffy delicious maple syrup loving pancakes.... And then I got German pancakes and they were NOT what I had envisioned. They're not crepes, but they're not pancakes either. HaHa. Yay for cultural differences!? Except when you just want pancakes like from your favorite breakfast place at home bc you're having a bad day!
GERMAN PFANNEKUCHEN ARE THE BEST!!! I've been craving an apple one... hmmm, with apple pieces and strawberry jam... or just a little bit of sugar on top.... hmmmmm....

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Co-worker is gone today.
Other co-worker is all "Wow this is really not a two person business is it?"

Meanwhile I'm like "LOOK AT ALL THE ($*@ I'M GETTING DONE TODAY. PRODUCTIVITY. BAM THAT'S DONE. BAM THIS IS DONE. IT'S ALLLLLL DONE. WHOO."

Pretty sad when being down a person improves productivity, but that just shows exactly how much productivity is being lost micro-managing...

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Hmmmm....

I'm not clicking with this hedgehog like I had hoped I would be. I thought I wanted an animal that kept to itself and didn't give a flying flip about me, but now I'm thinking that may not be the case. Not really getting the enjoyment out of caring for her like I thought I would.

Trying to decide if it would be an absolutely horrible thing if I placed her in a different home. I mean, I've only had her for a few weeks...but that's enough time to realize you're not quite the right fit, right?

GipsyQueen

Oh my - we just got home from a 2 week vacation which was awesome... but the bed was rock hard. I am now laying in my comfy memory foam bed.. oh my god - it feels like clouds!!

Pfannkuchen are awesome. Now I am craving apple Pfannkuchen - but tomorrow is sunday and I have no eggs :'(

Airn

Hmmmm....

I'm not clicking with this hedgehog like I had hoped I would be. I thought I wanted an animal that kept to itself and didn't give a flying flip about me, but now I'm thinking that may not be the case. Not really getting the enjoyment out of caring for her like I thought I would.

Trying to decide if it would be an absolutely horrible thing if I placed her in a different home. I mean, I've only had her for a few weeks...but that's enough time to realize you're not quite the right fit, right?
I would re-home her. I had two and they were fun for a day or so. But they're prickley little assholes otherwise. I did not spend much time with mine. And they have a very short lifespan. At least mine did. (Disclaimer: I was about 12 when I had mine so I had even less of an attention span than I do now.)

crazedACD

Hmmmm....

I love the ones we get in at work! I hate cleaning their poopy wheels but I will carry them around sometimes or take them into the office with me to hang out. They always hang out and chill with me.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Hmmmm....

if you take a road trip to Cali I will (illegally) take her in a heartbeat. Sounds like the IDEAL pet for a vet student ;) Also I know other hedgie owners and a good vet lol

*blackrose

Well, little miss hedgehog has gone to her new home. She was adorable, and I liked her, but I'm apparently just not a hedgehog person. Being acknowledged that I am the bringer of food is apparently more important to me than I thought.

I'm going to visit a guinea pig rescue on Tuesday and see if I click with a piggy that needs a home. Wish me luck!

xpaeanx

I needed an extra class this semester so I decided to take Spanish. But my brain keeps saying, "oh if it's not English it must be German!" So I either just start talking in German or some Spanish-German hybrid. Germish?

It's interesting to say the least.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I needed an extra class this semester so I decided to take Spanish. But my brain keeps saying, "oh if it's not English it must be German!" So I either just start talking in German or some Spanish-German hybrid. Germish?

It's interesting to say the least.
This happened to me when I tried to switch from French to Spanish. Much tougher too because French and Spanish are both Romance languages so often words were quite close. X_X
I quit Spanish very quickly haha.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Well, little miss hedgehog has gone to her new home. She was adorable, and I liked her, but I'm apparently just not a hedgehog person. Being acknowledged that I am the bringer of food is apparently more important to me than I thought.

I'm going to visit a guinea pig rescue on Tuesday and see if I click with a piggy that needs a home. Wish me luck!
Why don't you just stick to ferrets? I know you said you wanted them again, and you know you like them...

Honestly, a proper guinea pig cage is going to take more room than a ferret cage(and don't you have one already, from the rat?). Clean up will be more involved with pigs, too.

SaraB

Let my brother keep my last foster, which means my fostering money is all gone since I didn't get an adoption fee for her. Now there's a gorgeous border collie girl in a rural Iowa shelter that I can't afford to pull. Stupid brother. He was supposed to spay that dog and get me my spay deposit back so that I could continue to afford to pull dogs, but of course that can't happen in a timely manner. Oh well.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My dad told me he saw a gluten free frozen pizza at the grocery store and I told him I knew, I'd had it Friday. Was relaying to him the (drunk) conversation I had with a friend on Facebook about gluten free pizzas and almost told him "well the only reason I bought that one was because I was in a hurry to come home and get drunk." Juuuuust managed to catch myself and said "come home and... eat dinner."

WHOOPS.

*blackrose

Why don't you just stick to ferrets? I know you said you wanted them again, and you know you like them...

Honestly, a proper guinea pig cage is going to take more room than a ferret cage(and don't you have one already, from the rat?). Clean up will be more involved with pigs, too.
Deal made with DH was if we kept Histamine, no ferrets. :( I plan to abide by that....at least for a little bit. I will have them again at some point, just not now. I'll pick that battle up again in the future.

I had Guinea pigs from the time I was 9 years old to sophomore year of college and I absolutely adore them. I think one will fit in quite well. Will also help me eat the fresh produce I want to buy, but haven't been buying, because it goes bad before I can eat it all. Lol Not worried about the cage space, or clean up. Dealt with it before and doing it again won't bother me in the slightest. I'll just need to find the best source for hay...

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Deal made with DH was if we kept Histamine, no ferrets. :( I plan to abide by that....at least for a little bit. I will have them again at some point, just not now. I'll pick that battle up again in the future.

I had Guinea pigs from the time I was 9 years old to sophomore year of college and I absolutely adore them. I think one will fit in quite well. Will also help me eat the fresh produce I want to buy, but haven't been buying, because it goes bad before I can eat it all. Lol Not worried about the cage space, or clean up. Dealt with it before and doing it again won't bother me in the slightest. I'll just need to find the best source for hay...
You should get piggies because I can't :p

My rats are super helpful in the excess produce department. I don't like raw carrots, Ryan sometimes eats raw carrots (about the only raw veggie he will eat) so I keep them around. The rats and dogs here eat so many freaking carrots, LOL!

Members online

No members online now.