Pet Portraits

After much prodding, I've finally gotten the other half to get back to his pet portraits. He used to do them quite frequently, but took a hiatus and then was scared to get back to it for fear that he'd lost his talents. Ha!

Upon losing Hannah, he found his inspiration again. Knowing we couldn't trust just anyone to immortalize our girl, he set out to do what he does best. This time around, he's used advances in technology. It was somewhat of a necessary evil - we don't have the space at our house for a studio like we did at our old place.

I'm not an artist, nor am I all that technologically savvy...But he explains his process on his website. I just wanted to share some of his completed pieces with you all. I'm so proud of him, and so happy that I have a way to hold on to my critters that have passed, as well as the ones that I still am blessed to share my life with.

Here's some of his recent work:

Hannah:

Corvus with his precious:

Pirate, my heart cat who went missing on 7/13 and has still not been found.

And his first commissioned piece - two kitties in Poland.

I'm so proud of him, and it never fails to amaze me at how talented he is. Can't say I'm not jealous! I wish I could draw or paint.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Love his work. My favorite is Corvus with the ball in his mouth.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Beautiful work. SO glad you kept after him, no talent like that should be lost. Corvus is my favorite too, all are just wonderful. YOu can see the personality shine. IT's one thing to draw the dog, it's another to make the drawing breathe the breath. Prayers for your Pirate. YOu can see the love in every bit of the memorial. Doing something like this after the love has passed I think is healing, but it's so hard to do too, working around the tears. Glad that he was able to return to his art, sorry it had to be such a hard road to return on. MAny hugs for your loss.

Thanks everyone. He's insanely talented and I'm so glad he's started putting it to use again.

We started a Facebook page for his art. You can visit it here.

We're running a contest through tonight at 11:00 PM. If you like the page, and share it on your FB page, you're entered to win a $50 gift certificate if we hit 100 likes. Make sure you reply on the contest post that you've shared, so we know to add your name to the "drawing" (random number generator will pick the winner). Even if we don't hit 100 likes, you'll still be entered to win a $20 gift certificate.

:)

Members online

No members online now.