Chazhound's Collars of 2013 Thread

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Majority of us are collar addicts and I know we have other threads where we post new collars etc... but I wanted to make an official one for this year.

So let's see your newest collars of 2013.

Here are some of mine that I've gotten already this year:

I went to an expo and picked up a chain martingale for each dog from a company called Persnickety Pups.

Cricket's new collar:

editedladybugs1 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

editedladybugs2 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

Bamm's:

editedsheep1 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

editedsheep2 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

Joey's:

editedjoey2 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

editedjoey1 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

Joey got a used paco towards the end of 2012 so I shouldn't post it in this thread, but it's still really new to us so ya...
Paco Jade JoJo

editedjojo1 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

editedjojo2 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

and Cricket's new completely custom Paco:

editedPaco1 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

editedpaco2 by Paws It Photography, on Flickr

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Up country diamond stripe collar.
Why? Because Merlin works at a dog store and he bit the tags off lol oh well.. it does look good on him and it has room to grow

Chucklehounds candy stripe collar.
This is Merlin's baby collar! He wore this collar everyday but sadly, the colors are beginning to fade.

Sillybuddy red bow collar.
This is my favorite collar on him! It's from his secret santa and he looks so great in it.. sadly he wears it EVERYDAY and it gets so gross!! LOL

Lupine. My favorite fabric collar company. They have my heart and will keep it forever with their lifetime guarantees/returns on everything, even if chewed.
He has the dapper dog martingale, it's too big now but I can't wait for him to rock it! Also a secret santa.

I splurged and got matching Karma collars for the dogs right after the holidays. One thing I really love about this design is that the collar is wider, but tapers enough to still use my Boomerang collar tags.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Paco's El Dorado is our newest addition:

Amber, LOVE the Jade Jojo! Now I want one. lol

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Saxon's only gotten one new collar so far this calendar year. It's from a local collarmaker called Classic Hound: http://classichound.com/collections/for-dogs/products/wicked-good-dog-brown It's a 1.5" martingale that says "Wicked Good Dog" on it, it's his Maine Dog collar. :)

That is our second collar from Classic Hound, I got him an other 1.5" martingale last summer. It was very nice and held up well in the water (a lake, not the ocean, I don't like him to wear fabric in the ocean because it smells after a while). He wore it on his first boat trip (which was in a canoe):

Just before Christmas I got him a red padded reflective Spindrift collar to wear on SD outings when I feel his fancy collars will be distracting/unprofessional (I usually forget and he wears one of his flashy collars anyway :p). https://spindriftdog.com/Safety-Collar.html

This past fall I got him two new Heavy Duty Vegan collars from Ella's Lead: http://ellaslead.com/inc/sdetail/5585/5589 A 1.25" in the Regatta Blue:

And a 1" black with Stafford Knot conchos on it:

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
There are some awesome collars in this thread! Love the matching collars for your crew, Sassafras!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Gorgeous collars, everyone!

I haven't ordered any collars for a few months... mainly, because I have so many as it is!

I'll be ordering another Paco in the near future, though, and I'll be sure to post it up once I get it!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Sassafras, how do like the Karma collars? I've liked their page on Facebook and they are always posting up gorgeous designs... and I want to take advantage of their "free leash fridays" one of these days :p

Well I haven't had the collars very long (just a few weeks!) so I can't speak to their durability, but they are very well constructed. And I do have some service leads from them that I've had at least 6 months (I use them for canicross/on-leash hikes) and they are holding up beautifully.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
LOL No I haven't sung that song to Snipe, but it's now stuck in my head. Thaaaanks. :p

The limited slip isn't publicized but she'll make them if you ask. ;) I did find that it seems to run a smidge smaller than the regular martingales, so when in doubt, order the size up.

JacksonsMom

Ohhhh these kinds of threads are DANGEROUS for me! I think in 2013 so far, I've only got one red Kong collar from Petsmart (I had a gift card). It's got, like, neoprene-type material on it, and I figured it'd be perfect for those summer swimming days (AND match his lifejacket ;))

Oh, does a harness count? I got Jackson the brown Ezydog harness (with your encouragement, skittle, hahaha).

Members online

No members online now.