Nora's behavior ... anxiety??

avenlee

OK, my Westie, Nora, is very hyper at times and then she'll be totally submissive and reclusive (is that the word?). She's always sweet and loving. I always thought she was pouting for me scolding her, with words and not physical :) She does hold a grudge! Anyway, this morning she was hiding under my bed and seemed very scared of something? I was looking for my belt under the bed for my pants at the time when I noticed her under the bed. I stroked her and she licked my hand and asked her "what's the matter sweetheart and told her to come on out, its ok" She didn't. Then when I left the room and went downstairs she came down only to lay on the stair. I was leaving for work. I again gave her a stroke and a kiss on the nose and said It's ok, sweetie. We never show any kind of violence or raising of a hand to anyone in our family. She just gets into these moods.

I will note though, just yesterday, our neighbor's brother who is always staying with her for a time, brought two dogs with him this time. I let Sadie and Nora out last night and had to bring them back in for barking their heads off at them. I did tell them they were bad girls for barking. Do you all think that's why she's pouting so much? Or do you think she's just nuts! lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
It could be the other dogs I know my moms shih tzu gets very angry with me when I bring Teddy over lol. She just turns her back to me and won't even look at me and if i try to go around her to look at her face she will turn away from me again lol. Did you pet the other dogs lol maybe she is jealous :D or was there a thudnerstorm last night or someone using fire crackers i know that always made my old dog go under the bed for a day. Other than that I'm not sure what would just make her do that out of the blue

avenlee

I think it just might be me saying 'bad girl, no bark!' at her last night. And because of the two 'new' dogs next door. She is the strangest dog. The neighbor's brother is really nice and I don't think he did anything. When I heard them barking, I went out in my PJ's :rolleyes: to get them and he was just unloading his car and had the two dogs out leashed. So he's a responsible owner and I don't think he'd do anything to my dogs to spook them. He came over to say hello to me because we do know him well (and I was quite embarrassed to be in my PJ's :rolleyes: ) and had to remind him of the invisible fence so my dogs wouldn't go running to him (they know him well too).

Anyway, I guess he'll be here a week and now I'm going to have to be careful and maybe get a schedule when we let all the dogs out LOL . Like I need more stress in my life, geeeesh like a hole in the head. Don't cha just love summer! hehehe Nora's just a weirdo and doesn't like it when she doesn't get what she wants. :rolleyes: She's such a spoiled brat!

Members online

No members online now.