Gracie, the cat and our walk

Last night I set out to take the dogs for a evening walk. I quickly decided it wasnt the night to take both at the same time, I'd have to do one at a time so I went with Gracie first since she's the easy walk. First thing our neighbor was outside with her little puppy. The puppy seen us and came running so we stopped to visit them for a bit. Then on with our walk. We get to the end of the the street and my brother-in-law is outside and stops us. While I'm talking to him my sister gets home so I stick around to visit with her. All at once she says "Who's cat is that?" Our cat was following me and Gracie on a walk! So Gracie and I turn around and walk back to the house and sure enough, so did the cat! I knew the cat was outside when we left for our walk and the cat has been guilty of following us into the field to play but I never thought she'd follow us on a walk.

Fran27

Vameka will do it all the time if she is around when I walk Boris. So now I have to make sure she isn't inside or in the front yard before I do it, which is pretty annoying (if she's inside she will always use her cat door and go out). I don't want her to get used to going too far. I get funny comments from the neighbors sometimes, though. Once I was walking Boris with Vameka behind, and there came someone with another dog. She climbed on a tree, waited for them to leave, then came back down and followed us again :rolleyes:

It makes me really nervous though.

Members online

No members online now.