Gunnar's day at the beach

Adrienne

We have been soaking up the sun for the past four days in a row at the beach, it's so nice because gorgeous weather is so rare up in in Minnesota. Took a couple of pics of Gunnar at the beach and thought I would share so you could see him swim. Tomorrow when we go I will try to get someone to take a pic of him towing me in to shore, he's quite the lifeguard for me but no one else :rolleyes: I wish he was as vigiliant of the kids swimming as he is to mine.

For anyone who's interested that is Lake Superior in the background, I love my lake!

avenlee

awww great pics and happy you enjoyed the day. Its been an overcast here for the past 3 days. I guess its payback from last week's wonderful weather. We're getting the remnants from Dennis here in MA.

tcreed

Looks like he had alot of fun. I wish we had a lake! We have the sound, and then ocean!!!

poeluvr

i would love to live near a lake. i would also enjoy a dog who likes lakes..not naming any names....ahem poe?

ohmai

Did you train your dog to be reliable off leash; i.e. coming when called and all that? I'd love to bring my dog to a lake or the beach, I'm just afraid he'd run off.

Adrienne

ohmai said:
Did you train your dog to be reliable off leash; i.e. coming when called and all that? I'd love to bring my dog to a lake or the beach, I'm just afraid he'd run off.
Gunnar is kind of attatched at the hip to me it seems. He is almost seven months old and there is nothing in the world he likes more than his mama, lol. We have worked a lot on obediance and he behaves very well. He tends to look to me to see how he should procede when people pass by. I also watch to make sure that there isn't anything to good going on elsewhere, like a new dog on the beach, or horses on the trail. If I see something I think he might go for I make sure to get his attention and possibly leash him if I think he isn't going to listen to me. If all else fails he always comes if I run in the opposite direction of him, or if I dive into the lake, then he feels he needs to rescue me. So to answer you question, yes I have worked with him on recall, he knows the command "touch" means to touch my hand with his nose and he is about 99.9% reliable on this. We learned it through clicker training and lots of repetition!

ohmai

Ahh that's awesome. My 3 month puppy, phh-ooey. He loves running up to strangers, or chasing birds. He's good at recall when there aren't any distractions around.. which doesn't help at all when we're outside.

That's awesome though, how you and your dog are so close. And lol to when he jumps in the water after you, how adorable. You've got your own guardian angel nearby =)

Members online

No members online now.