Animal rescue refuses to give back lost show dog to rightful owner

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Not sure of the validity of this one, but here's a blog post from the rescues side apparently:
https://keeppipersafe.wordpress.com...-story-a-story-of-breeder-greed-and-bullying/
Very interesting that they snarkily make a comment about how she was sterile and thus "of no use" to the breeder, then later mention that Piper had killed another bitches puppies in the past so it would be unsafe to return her to the breeder.
No possible conclusion that Piper was wisely placed in another home because she was a danger to other puppies and NOT because the breeder simply didn't give a (#&! since she couldn't produce puppies.

I admit I started laughing when I got to the bit about this POOR DOG being FORCEFULLY artificially inseminated!!!!!

yoko

They even have gone as far as not referring shelties in need to COSR, but to referring them to other rescues, including non-sheltie rescues.
So at the end it turns into a conspiracy theory they've always hated us excuse. I don't feel there is anything wrong with not liking a certain rescue and using another. Just because they're a specific breed rescue doesn't mean they automatically get all dogs of that breed. Comments like this just make them look as bad as they are trying to make the breeder look.

Haha, that's exactly what I thought. "Welp, no need to read beyond the title of this one" lol.
against my better judgement, I did read past. If anything, it swayed me to believe the are in fact guilty of theft and they know it. They feel righteous by doing it, but a couple things became clear. They know who's dog it is, they don't think they're good owners, so they aren't going to return the dog. I hope they get tossed in jail and lose any ability to be a "rescue" in the future.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I love how in that blog they're so insistent that AI is so horrible and painful for the female. A sheltie breeder I know will only do AI because she finds it safer for her dogs (which I can see especially with a breed that's known to be kind of shy and sensitive).

I think what gets me is how deep in your own crazy do you have to be to think that that blog post would help you in any way shape or form? The only people who are going to read that and go "Wow, that makes so much sense! You can tell she's probably being 100% honest" are people who were already on her side.

I don't know the story, I'm sure there is more going on from the other side than we're getting. But honestly, it's bad when the blog post you write up to tell your side and show the world that you aren't the bad guy you're being painted just ends up making you look even worse than you did before you wrote that up.

But what do I know, I got rid of my picket sign against "forced artificial insemination" awhile back.

yoko

I think what gets me is how deep in your own crazy do you have to be to think that that blog post would help you in any way shape or form? The only people who are going to read that and go "Wow, that makes so much sense! You can tell she's probably being 100% honest" are people who were already on her side.

I don't know the story, I'm sure there is more going on from the other side than we're getting. But honestly, it's bad when the blog post you write up to tell your side and show the world that you aren't the bad guy you're being painted just ends up making you look even worse than you did before you wrote that up.

But what do I know, I got rid of my picket sign against "forced artificial insemination" awhile back.
Right? It's so inflammatory, even if I had not heard of this situation at all prior to reading this one blog post I'd be giving it the side eye. (I did actually read some of it but my eyes almost rolled out of the back of my head so I had to stop).

ETA: In fact, I just screen capped the whole thing in case COSR decides they'd be better off without this person on their side.

My MIL always says that you know someone is A - in the wrong and B - completely crazy when they tell stories and they can't even make themselves look like the good guy

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Not sure of the validity of this one, but here's a blog post from the rescues side apparently:
https://keeppipersafe.wordpress.com...-story-a-story-of-breeder-greed-and-bullying/

I read the whole article,& there really was some pure BS.

This just made me laugh.
Fact is, these people have had it in for Penny for a long time; what you are seeing it their pre-meditated attempt to take her down. The thing is? They are a bunch of incompetent liars and aren’t smart enough to complete their task at hand.

In a way feel like this whole thing is political election.

Last edited:
Holy cow. Seriously, if all this is even slightly true (which I really think it's probably all pretty true) then this women seriously needs help.

Hope everything gets brought into the light, and that everyone gets what they deserve. And I honestly just want to know what's all going on. It's just too weird

Shakou

The thing about the whole Piper being dead theory is that if she is indeed dead, given that it wasn't due to neglect or abuse on the rescues part, why not just say so and return the body to the rightful owner, and just end all this?

I could be completely wrong about this, I have been before. But I still firmly believe this is just a matter of one very egotistical lady who won't admit she's wrong.

Members online

No members online now.