It's all Mary's fault

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
mary always on the hunt for a snack figured out that i hadn't latched the door to the laundry room. She knows Eddie cat is in there and that means eddie might have a few crumbs left over. I didn't even know she did it until i heard her whinging at the front door.
She is not one to wander off especially when it is this hot. I had left the outside door cracked an inch so Eddie could get in and out. I let her in and went back to typing a letter. Then i realized it was way to quiet around here. No Vic..i ran to the laundry room and sure enuff, tho i had pulled the door tight, it still didn't catch. I called and no Vic..i went outside...no Vic..i ran to the car and went around one block..no Vic....circled a few more times still no Vic. I headed to Hightway number one scared to death because it is very busy and very close..fortunately, no dead Vic..no vic in sight..so i zipped home parked (away from the tree) took out the training whistle..still no vic. By now i am frightened. I ran in to get my shoes that i had left in the bathroom opened the door..and in the dark, there sat Vic. Now anytime i have tried to leave him in there after a bath he has screeamed in terror, cried like a baby, banged at the door as if he was being chased by demons. So why in the world did he sit in silence while my heart beat out of my chest? i looked at Mary and said "YOU KNOW THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT DON"T YOU!!!!!" She looked mighty guilty and then i resumed my letter only to have one toy after another shoved in my lap..guess he was a bit guilty too. Be glad when the house dries out a little and the door won't be so hard to close. Glad that Vic wasn't scooped up by some hunter never to be found again...shame on the both!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Barb04

Super Moderator
So glad everyone is home safe & sound!!! Don't they realize what a scare they can put into us.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i wish i could get a video of mary when she is "busted" her ears fold back toward the back of her head, her eyes squinch shut, her lips pull back and she rocks from foot to foot so bad that she will eventually turn a complete circle...Victor never would have figured out that door if she hadn't been rumaging around....for shame for shame for shame!!!!!

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
OH MY GOODNESS my heart sank when I was reading the first part of your thread!!! These guys sure have a way of getting us worked up don't they?! So glad Vic was safe and sound. He probably thought he was playing a game or something. Sunny, btw behaves the same way if he is left alone in the bathroom however this may have to do with the fact it is his "time out" space. Anyway glad no one was hurt but Geezo Vic DON'T SCARE THE MAMA like that!!!

Most dogs will come back when the run away. Especsaly cats, they always come back but somtimes they are ferrel though.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I don't know if he would get in someone else's car or not..he usally runs a big circle and comes right back that is why i positively freaked when i went around and came up dry. He ALWAYS comes to the training whistle without fail. I thought for sure someone had taken him or that he was hurt..hug em and love him..there would never be another like Victor..i am going to put a chain lock on that door tomorrow. Sorry Blue :(

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm so glad Vic is fine! I think I would have had a full out panic attack if Sawyer did something like that.

They're trying to tell you they need to come to the park. ;) I know, I know, it's far and gas is expensive...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Sorry sorry blue..i wrote it as it felt to me..i won't do that again i promise..and Zoom I NEED TO COME TO THE PARK TOO!!!!!!! has been to long.I miss the park the people..and SAWYER TOO! even that irritating silver dog that makes me so cwaaazy.
Thanks sunnypup..i think Vic did know he scared me, he has been extra attentive and tender all evening. When i opened that door i was so relieved..i know he heard me..he had to have. AT least he knows how much he means to me.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ohh, the lady who owns Hank the sheperd x and Tiny the French Bulldog thought Sawyer was Silver for a bit. Her demeanor noticably changed for the nicer when she realized it was Sawyer and not Silver.

And I have yet to meet the dog in question...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YOUR KIDDING! HOw could you miss Silver..he is hmmmm......politely put...SO IN YOUR FACE! literally...you cant do anything at all with your dog..he has your toy..he is smack in front of you no matter what you do..granted he is very pretty but oh my oh my and oh my again..good grief! His owner sits on her tush on the bench or seems totally unaware that you are going nuts trying to get away from this clingwrap beast.
He is more then a little intense.

Debi

wow, I was also scared reading the first part...I started feeling your panic. I'm sooooo happy all is ok!!!!!!!!! :)

Members online

No members online now.