My new fosters

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I went and picked these guys up from the shelter today. :) Momma and her three wee ones. The poor shelter is full to bursting and these guys needed OUT. So they're with me for the next two months until they're ready to be adopted!

Momma was a stray, so there is no history on her. She doesn't even have a name. (That will be changing soon, I hope!) She is SO SWEET. Just loves to be loved on. Very confident, too. The wee babies are, I believe, two males and a female, but I'm not confident. Time will tell!

There will be plenty more pictures as these babies grow! I love kittens. <3

(EDIT: Holy huge pictures, Batman. o_O Sorry!)

Maxy24

Beautiful little family! Keep us updated on them. I hope to be able to foster kittens eventually, all shelters, even up here where they import all their dogs from the south, desperately need kitten foster parents. It's such a big problem, thank you for helping them out.

*blackrose

Weighed and resexed everyone today. Still pretty confident that the black kittens are boys and the tiger is a girl.

Tiger is 7.5 ounces. Black #1 is 7.4 oz, and Black #2 is only 7oz.

Everybody has fleas (not infested, thank God), so we'll be doing what we can to get those under control before the wee babies become anemic wee babies!

*blackrose

Have some new additions today. :)

Another foster with the humane society had two 2.5 week old kittens that she had been bottle feeding. She's had them about two weeks. She was having a very hard time feeding them on a consistent schedule (sometimes they'd go up to six hours without eating) and one of the kittens started redirecting onto the other kitten and was suckling on its privates. She posted asking for anyone with a nursing momma to help, and I'm a sucker so...I now have two orange babies.

I had never had to introduce orphaned kittens to a nursing mom before, but River took to them right away. She walked over to them, sniffed them, then immediately flopped over to let them nurse. It took around 30 minutes to get the kittens to find a teet and latch on, but we finally had success! River loves them to bits and when they'd try to toddle away she'd swat at them, bring them close, and start grooming them. I was worried about the bigger kittens bullying/pushing my younger ones out of the way to get to a teet, but I think the opposite is going to happen and I'll need to make sure the orange kittens are able to nurse.

The kittens don't some to mind that some are bigger and some are smaller. A family is a family.

amberdyan

That's so sweet! I'm glad they're all doing well. I know we had cats at the shelter I volunteered at that would have mothered just about anything, lol.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Way to go mom! I have a foster mom and her four kittens out in foster care now, we had a orphan singleton come in and she happily took it as her own like your momma cat.

Kitten season is coming up, it would make my life so much easier if we could just keep these kinds of moms with kittens all season for the bottle babies lol.

*blackrose

The wee ones are opening their eyes now. :)

And some pictures from the day before:

Tomorrow I have a day off, so all of their little nails are going to be trimmed, and the crate is going to get a good deep cleaning! I just love these little babes. <3

*blackrose

The oranges babies had their first Great Adventure today and started to explore the cat room.

The not-so-wee-anymore babes took full advantage of their adoptive brothers being gone and decided to hog the milk bar for themselves. They're still doing really well, although I am still keeping an eye on the "runt". He just doesn't seem as developed as the others. I'm also now much more certain that the all black baby is indeed a girl and not a boy.

I have also found names for the orange boys!

Say hello to Alvin! He is the louder, bolder, spunkier of the two.

And this is little Theodore, the quieter, sweeter, more fluffy boy.

Members online

No members online now.