39 week OB appt.

zoe08

I just got back from my 39 week appt! No change in cervix However they did a NST to check fetal movement since his movement has decreased. I am contracting every 2-3 minutes. But only one of them was really enough to take my breath away, so they sent me home. Which is good cuz I want to go to my concert tonight and hopefully that will be enough to make them more intense and I can have a baby tomorrow! I wish!

As of right now I am scheduled to go in Sunday night for the cervadil or whatever it is called if my cervix doesn't change by then and then will be induced Monday morning with pitocin if the cervadil works.

Though I am really hoping it doesn't come to that. If this concert tonight doesn't make me go into labor, than I am going to walk ALL day on Friday! LOL

zoe08

Well I am home from the concert. It was really good! I am still contracting every few minutes, and they are getting a bit more intense and uncomfortable, but I don't want to go in and be sent home with no progress, so I may try to get some rest and see if I can sleep. If I can sleep they will probably stop, but I'm not sure if I will be able to go to sleep or not. So I guess we will just wait and see!

bubbatd

Just keep timing !!! With my first I walked in when they were 5 mins apart and when being checked in and would hesitate and hold on to the desk during contractions . The gal said " Good Lord you're are in advanced labor " Me, " yes , that's why I'm here ! " Son was born 15 minutes later ,

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
My mother had a strange thing where she was in full labour and her cervix would not dilate. She just pushed with my sister and tore her cervix. The doctor told her there was no way the baby would come, well, she did!

With me the doctor was warned in advance and he had to massage her cervix open.

Keep and eye on your contractions and ensure you get in if your gut tells you so. Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures!

boneyjean

Stinky Butt
Oohhh, good luck and I am hoping for your baby to come all on his own this weekend! Can't wait to see the little guy!

T

tessa_s212

Exciting! You are still so early, and already having contracts, so I don't think you'd need induced at all. :) I also recommend laboring at home. It is what I plan to do so I can more eaisly achieve natural birth without doctors pushing drugs on me, and it is just more comfortable to be at home than laboring on your back, imobile in a hospital.

Hope a baby is here soon!! :)

zoe08

I did end up going in because I tried for over an hour to sleep and couldn't cuz of the pain. But no change in cervix! They did hurt worse for a while and were showing on the monitor that I was having them every couple minutes. After being there for a bit over an hour, they had me walk for 30 minutes, but then I said I would just go home, and no point in checking again cuz it was probably the same.

Was able to sleep when I got home. Still having a few now, but not painful at all. Will definitely be trying to walk a lot today. I think the walking definitely makes them worse cuz there were a few I had last night while walking that hurt pretty bad. I just need them to be changing my cervix.

I am not trying to have a completely natural childbirth with no drugs. I am planning on having an epidural. I also really like and trust my OB. So while I am a bit concerned about the induction, I know that she won't start the pitocin unless my cervix is favorable, but all this contracting every 2-3 minutes with no change is soo disappointing, I will probably feel more ready for the induction if this continues. Though still really hoping it won't take til Sunday and he will arrive before then.

Saje

Island dweller
I hope it doesn't take until Sunday! You will be exhausted. Sounds like things are going well. Do you have an exercise ball you can sit on? Some people say sitting on one and making circle motions with your hips helps open up your cervix. I don't know how accurate that is but it couldn't hurt.

Good luck :)

Members online