Ideas ASAP

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
I have no one to watch the dogs tomorrow. Eric is on a different shift so we are gone at the same time. So what can I do? the only day care isnt acepting new dogs and I will be gone 12 to 13hrs tomorrow. My parents are watching them now. Emma had a siezure so I am so screwed for money till thursday. It was a $360 vet bill so I have about $5 in my acount and not enough gas to get me to work plus drive them out to my friends place. I cant leave them crated for 13hrs!

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Oh. there is no one I can borrow money off of. Anyone want a kidney? There is no one to cover my shift tomorrow either. We have just hit a rough patch $ wise.

ACooper

Is there a way that your parents could stop by and let them out for a 30 minute break or something?

Other than that I have nothing :(

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Well my parents have a dr apoint in the city then are going out for supper with my uncle so they are gone. As for trusting someone to walk them no. Jazz has the who the heck do you think you are telling me what to do attitude. Eric and I are the only ones that can walk her and have her behave. She pulls and lunges and gets DA with certain dogs when a non parent walks her. His mom is home part of the day but she cant even get them to sit and she is to lazy to get off her computer to take them

SharkBait

try leaving plenty of things to distract them, like filled kongs, those soft bones and maybe cut a few holes out of a plastic bottle and put some treats in it. The dogs will be distracted for a while figuring out how to get the treats out. Other than that i'm not sure, put the radio on too to settle them maybe.

My only suggestion is to leave them in a safe room with plenty of distractions, with their crates open and available to them.

You may have an accident to clean up, but there are worse things ;) I hope Emma doesn't have another seizure episode . . . that's the only really awful part. Other than that, they should be okay and they'll be REALLY glad to see you when you do get home ;)

SarahFair

I put mary in the garage and take the top off a plastic crate and lay a blanket in there. I leave food and water and a toy or two. The good thing about it is no carpet to clran :) Just poor some water and seep the rest out..

Worst case sceanrio they will have to be in their crates the whole 12 hours and have an accident or two and it will be bath time when you get home--sometimes we can't prevent this happening. I felt horrible to the 2-3 times this has happened in the past (like when people went to the hospital suddenly and I couldn't come home or the time I got stuck in traffic for 3 extra hours)--but as long as it is a rare occurance--I truly think they will be just fine.

elegy

overdogged
I think they'll likely be fine as well. My dogs have ended up crated that long before, and while they really had to pee and really needed to run when I got home, they survived. Is it something that's acceptable on a regular basis? No. But sometimes life happens.

Members online

No members online now.