Petland Protest!!

Juicy

we have Petlands out here and they make me sick... another few are Foxmill pets and Dreamy Puppies... not sure how many of you remember a thread I posted a while back ago about Dreamy Puppies... let's just say that I ended up going inside and was sickened. Tons of small breed puppies in cages pooping and peeing all over themselves. They had mixed litters in the same cages together. One of the guys running the place tried to tell me one pup was a shih tzu when it was CLEARLY a smooth coat daschund and an extremely poorly bred one at that.

Two puppies started to scrap and the guy had to run into the back in order to stop them since the doors to open the cages were in the back. When he opened the back door I saw what looks like a warehouse in the back of the store that had cages upon cages of puppies. I made a point to start educating anyone that came in about puppy mills and encouraging them not to buy. They kicked me out and said I wasn't welcome back. So... I stood outside and continued to talk to people as they were walking up to the store.

Needless to say I'll be back and that darn puppymill isn't going to be too happy to see me there.
That's so sad :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
another few are Foxmill pets and Dreamy Puppies...
Sickening how they pick such cutesy-wootsey names, isn't it?
The one here is "Lucky Puppy."

I actually have stopped shopping at the mall since the store opened and the mall refused to respond to complaints about it.

Juicy

we have one here called puppy palace and where i get the canidae from its called ...pets are people, too.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Sickening how they pick such cutesy-wootsey names, isn't it?
The one here is "Lucky Puppy."

I actually have stopped shopping at the mall since the store opened and the mall refused to respond to complaints about it.

I agree. There's a restaurant out here called Foster's Grille. It's a new place. I went there to eat and they have ads on their tables... low and behold there's an ad for Dreamy Puppies. Needless to say I got up and left and voiced a complaint to the corporate. My complaint might not do any good, but it sure made me feel better. I will not go back to that restaurant until that ad is removed. I looked up the Dreamy Puppies website and they say in big bold letters that they are not a puppy mill and all their puppies come from local breeders... ya right.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I looked up the Dreamy Puppies website and they say in big bold letters that they are not a puppy mill and all their puppies come from local breeders... ya right.
HA!!! Of course! That's the one we hear too. And "Oh, we have to seek out the breeders and CONVINCE them to let us sell their puppies!!"
The problem is that people automatically think this MUST be the truth - WHY they think it must be true is seriously beyond me. Isn't the term "buyer beware?" Not "buyer believe everything the store owner tells you?"
It becomes OUR duty to "prove" that the dogs come from a puppy mill... and once it was proven, it then became "Well how do YOU know that place is a puppy mill? Have YOU ever personally been there?! The OWNER said SHE has been there. Why would she lie???"

Sigh. Why would she lie, indeed. It surely has nothing to do with the $1200 price tag on the cage of the cockapoo.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
exactly. It makes me so sick... and it was so annoying that you'd educate people and they still ended up purchasing one of the pups... hey I tried right? I did convince two people to go through a shelter so at least I made the slightest bit of difference... it's like that starfish poem.... oh gosh how does it go?

Once upon a time there was a wise man

who used to go to the ocean to do his

writing. He had a habit of walking on the

beach before he began his work.

One day he was walking along the shore.

As he looked down the beach, he saw a

human figure moving like a dancer. He

smiled to himself to think of someone

who would dance to the day.

So he began to walk faster to catch up.

As he got closer, he saw that it was a

young man and the young man wasn't

dancing, but instead he was reaching

down to the shore, picking up something

and very gently throwing it into the ocean.

As he got closer he called out, "Good

morning! What are you doing?"

The young man paused, looked up and replied,

"Throwing starfish in the ocean."

"I guess I should have asked, why are you throwing starfish in the ocean?"

"The sun is up and the tide is going out. And if I don't throw them in they'll die."

"But, young man, don't you realize that there are miles and miles of beach and starfish all along it. You can't

possibly make a difference!"

The young man listened politely. Then bent down, picked up another starfish and threw it

into the ocean, past the breaking waves and said - "It made a difference for that one."

Juicy

at petland they tell customers that they don't come from puppymills and they are usda breeders approved and they get them from private breeders.

what kind of private breeders has yorkies, boxers, all sorts of breeds and supply these dogs NaTIONWIDE!!!

usda approve.......doesn't mean bullsh!t! but they make the buyer unaware what it means to be usda & make it sound like a good thing.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o4r-FcXAXcE

noludoru

Bored Now.
I love foxmill pets.. how DUMB to have mill in their name. I bet it'd make it easier to convince people, too.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
We just have 'The Puppy Store' here. All they sell is puppies. The dogs always look terrible too...

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I love foxmill pets.. how DUMB to have mill in their name. I bet it'd make it easier to convince people, too.
Yup, it's right off Franklin Farms Rd or something like that... off of Fairfax County Pkwy. My aunt bought a kitten from there when I lived with her and then I think recently bought a beagle from there... unfortunatly there are some that you cannot convince to not buy from puppy mills.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Here's some lovely stuff about our 'Puppy Store' a couple years ago when the police had a warrant

http://www.cstx.gov/home/index.asp?page=516&recordid=1965&returnurl=index.asp?page=334

Unfortunately the shelter only got 2 of the dogs and the rest were court ordered back to the mall. :(

The conditions there are really horrid. The worst things imo are the really awful crop jobs on some dogs I see in there. There was a min pin in there with really nasty looking ears.

And here's their lovely website....

http://www.the-puppy-store.com/

"cute and cuddly puppies at affordable prices!"

Please.... they sell their papillons for almost as much as Beau was and a lot more expensive than Summer... If you want a dog from there I can guarantee you can find one from a good breeder for a comparable price.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
There is a pet store in Warrenton, I think its called "Warrenton Pet Store". That place is HORRIBLE. I went in there once, and they had the filthiest fish tanks I've ever seen in my life, I mean worse than your typical Wal-mart fish tanks. They had umpteen cages of reptiles/amphibians/whatever. They also have a caiman in a small disgusting tank with a big sign over him saying "I AM NOT FOR SALE" because its quite illegal to sell those in VA.

There were a lot of small animals too, but they seemed a little better taken care of. At the front of the store are two wooden pens with pine chips or something that contain a few puppies. The place smells, and its just gross.

Members online

No members online now.