" Annie "

Molly was at rehearsal last Saturday. My husband might not be in town when the play runs so I told him to take Molly. (I didn't want to just show up with another person - thought it might be pushy) He was surprised how interesting he found it and impressed by the actors. He said Molly was very well behaved and noticed how calm she is with all the noise and action going on around her.

She is needed again this Sunday from 12:00 to 4:00 for a run of the show. They're rehearsing in a larger space and now I'll get to see the whole show for the first time. Excited.:)

Update: Molly was at rehearsal yesterday for the full run of the show. I am so glad I gave her a bath in the morning, trimmed hair around her eyes and gave her a sanitary clip as they called and asked if I could bring Molly early as they were taking photos. They can be viewed at: http://members.fotki.com/TerryPenney/about/
Annie and Sandy album.

I'm so proud of her - she is such a friendly happy puppy.:D

bubbatd

I couldn't find the album !!! How I wish I could see the production !!!How are they presenting her in the last scene ???

Ugh the album is password protected on his site. Will see if I can upload some and post the link. The last scene they have all the kids bringing in Sandy to Annie - not sure if there is more to it that I'm not aware of. :)

bubbatd

Just wondered , as Bubba wouldn't have done the gift box thing . In our production , the orphans were still seated after the bells Christmas song and the butler brought Sandy in with a big red bow .............

Island dog

Molly is doing wonderful in the musical. We went to the evening performance last night and when Molly first appears the entire audience went "aaaawwww". I think it was too long a day for her though as she seemed tired. She was at the theater from l:45 pm until 9:45 pm. so next Sat. I'm going to pick her up between performances and bring her home to rest and have some quiet time. There is a total of 8 performances so she has 4 more and then it's back to being a regular dog.

After last nights performance we were told people in the lobby wanted to meet the cast and 'Sandy', so she received tons of attention and lots of people petting her and making a big fuss - she lapped it up.

Apparently on opening night Molly jumped up on Annie while she was singing and was licking her face and knocked her mic off but Annie never skipped a beat and just kept singing and petting Molly. After the dress rehearsal Tues. night Annie came up to me and hugged me thanking me for bringing Molly. This little girl doesn't have any experience with dogs and is amazing with Molly.

The director who also shows dogs said Molly is now bomb proof as she has no problems with an orchestra in the pit in front of her and 60 cast members singing and dancing. This is such a good experience for a 10 month old pup.

We are very proud of our Molly.:D

bubbatd

And you should be !!!!! I stayed during all performances with Bubba and took him for walks and rests between his scenes . How did she do during the hobo scene ???

Island dog

Molly was fine anytime on stage including the hobo scene - Annie has her with her while she walks through the scene. At the end they bring Molly out in a box with a top that opens up and she pops up with a red bow on. They said she jumped out of the box the first time and last night I knew she was tired as they opened the top and reached in to get her to pop up. She doesn't get startled or fearful very easy and seems to completely trust those around her - hope nothing changes that.

Because she's so friendly, no one in the cast is supposed to touch her except Annie. At the dress rehearsal Tues. night the youngest cast member, who is a real character, was exiting the stage with the other orphans and stopped to give Molly a double handed face rub (which Molly loved); she was quickly grabbed by the stage manager and told she knows she shouldn't be doing that. The little girl just smiled - this little girl cracks up the audience when she's imitating Mrs. Hannigan drinking and can she ever act!

They don't really need me there and now they're at the theater they keep the people to a minimum, but this Sat. I will take Molly home in between performances. I think I'll buy another ticket and see it one more time though as I thoroughly enjoyed it and now I'm going to be a regular patron as the local talent is pretty impressive - this was a very professional production for such a small community. I am so grateful for this exposure for Molly - where could I have taken her that would equal this experience? This has prepared her for kids, people and noisy situations. We are very lucky.

Members online

No members online now.