Di's first Big walk since going Blind, others Too LOTS of Pics

LauraLeigh

Well, we went for a walk today (All but Mindy who is with her "Dad" working on the race car.. LOL)

This was Diamonds first big walk since going blind, I was a bit worried how she'd do, but she made out fine, she went by our voices and the other dogs.

Here are some Pics:

Foster and Max: I am gonna get me some Terrier!!! LOL

Max and Foster: I am outrunnin the big fluffy mutt!!!!!

Foster as the Goofy Fuzzie dog:

Foster:

SharkBait

I am in love with Mr.Goofball Foster!! He's so cute and clumsy looking! Ah!

Awk poor wee Di, I reckoned she still enjoyed the walk though

bubbatd

Great pictures !!!! It's amazing how other senses take over to compensate ! I'm sure Diamond enjoyed the outing !

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
What wonderful photos! I hope you lose the snow though, I'm sure you're sick of it just like everyone else...

LauraLeigh

I am in love with Mr.Goofball Foster!! He's so cute and clumsy looking! Ah!

Awk poor wee Di, I reckoned she still enjoyed the walk though
He is a bit clumsy.... LOL He is just a year old now, but still a full blown pup at heart.

Di is doing well, I am stunned how well she adapts, she will trust the other dogs and our voices, when she is unsure she walks slow, more like the pic I will add below, it seems to help her "feel" her way.

Grammy, thanks, and she did really enjoy it, she is asleep beside me as we type, everyone has had a lazy winter and they are all tuckered out!!

Sizzle, I hope the snow goes soon too... plain tired of it!!

Picture of Diamond doing her "feel" my way walk, when she did it the first few times I was sad, it looked like she was scared, now I realise it is just her way anytime she is not 100% sure whats in front of her.

Juicy

Great shots, Diamond is a cutie....is there any reason why she went blind? I remember Didi's first walk when she went fully blind, it took much longer than our regular walks. I had to carry her sometimes, because she wouldn't budge. But more and more walks, she was able to avoid bushes and knew her way around. But it still wasn't the same reaction when I would take her out the door, she would want to zoom out, and when she went blind it wasn't as much enjoyment :(

LauraLeigh

Great shots, Diamond is a cutie....is there any reason why she went blind? I remember Didi's first walk when she went fully blind, it took much longer than our regular walks. I had to carry her sometimes, because she wouldn't budge. But more and more walks, she was able to avoid bushes and knew her way around. But it still wasn't the same reaction when I would take her out the door, she would want to zoom out, and when she went blind it wasn't as much enjoyment :(
Diamond has cataracts, she was CERF clear 2 years ago, and I noticed the cataracts starting before she showed any indication, when she was CERF'd last the Dr diagnosed Juevinille Cataracts, rapid onset, and predicted she'd go totally blind very fast, he was right:( Her Mom is still CERF clear and her sire was also CERF clear at 15!! It just proves how important genetic testing is.

Juicy

Diamond has cataracts, she was CERF clear 2 years ago, and I noticed the cataracts starting before she showed any indication, when she was CERF'd last the Dr diagnosed Juevinille Cataracts, rapid onset, and predicted she'd go totally blind very fast, he was right:( Her Mom is still CERF clear and her sire was also CERF clear at 15!! It just proves how important genetic testing is.
So sorry to hear that. Is she on meds? She doesn't look like she has an eye problem, usually they'll be bulging out and more of a blue-ish color.

LauraLeigh

So sorry to hear that. Is she on meds? She doesn't look like she has an eye problem, usually they'll be bulging out and more of a blue-ish color.
They don't bulge out, if the light is right you can see the cataracts. The Opthamoligist(Sp?) did mention possible eye drops later on if needed, right now she is on no meds.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I want Foster! What a cutie! He really is a handsome looking dog. Well, all of them are, but I really love the big fuzzy look! :D

adojrts

Laura, great pic's.
Remember when we use to take a dozen JRT's out for walks on your farm??? Those were great times. And who says you can't take Jrts off leash anywhere lol........
l love the pic of Foster leaping at Max, too funny. Next fav is Max with Foster in hot pursuit.
Gezzz Max sure does look like Mindy in the face........
Poor Di, glad she got to enjoy herself out on a walk.

Lynn

Members online

No members online now.