Ivan Has Arrived

Ivy

Wow, poor boy has been cooped up for so many months at the shelter.....he's got SOOOOO much energy to burn. This is going to be interesting, lol.

Sad thing though is his back feet are flat. I had a foster dog in the past that had the same thing from being stuck in a crate 24-7.

Ivy

He's got potential in the right hands. He was sitting in a shelter for so long. Hopefully now we can work with him as he's an oversized puppy with too much energy. He was abused as a pup and supposedly is scared of men. He liked my man right off the bat. We'll have to see and assess how he continues on before trying to find him a forever home.

Ivy

He was sitting at a shelter since November. As soon as my last foster dog went to her new home, we began to organize for him to come here. He is a young energetic dog that needs direction so he can be safely adopted out. He wasn't treated the best before so he's supposedly apprehensive when meeting men.

Gypsydals

Ivy has someone who is owns an Ivan. Change his name. LOL there is a good change he will earn the name "Ivan the terrible". ;)

Ps. he is a cutie.

Ivy

Ivan is a young dog that needs a lot of direction and MANY reassurances. He's completely afraid of walking on the floor (it's laminate flooring). Last night he would not come out of his crate. He wanted to and would look at me longingly but was so afraid. I put down a towel in front of the crate this morning and he came right out but didn't want to continue on to get to the door that leads outside. He was pancaked and crouching on the floor and it broke my heart seeing such a young dog so afraid of something he shouldn't be. I was finally able to coax him the rest of the way. At least Ivan was able to get over it quicker this morning than last night. I feel confident he will overcome his fear. I gave him a ridiculous amount of praise when he walked across the room, he enjoyed that, lol. Another thing that breaks my heart is that he flinches when petting his head. He needs some confidence boosting and I feel he's got great potential to find it with time and patience.

He loves my man and the drive thru which is a good sign, lol. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
If anybody can help him it would be you. Victor came afraid of one man..not all men. Hopefully Ivan will make that jump too. Is there anything that can be done for his back feet?

Ivy

Seeing as he likes my guy is a good step in the right direction. He's a huge dog lover (not as much as me though, but pretty high up there, lol) so having a positive experience with him will hopefully stay in Ivan's mind when progressing to met other men in the future.

As for his feet. I'm hoping it's only from lack of exercise. I'm going to have to work his way up to exercising without damaging anything that may be too weak at the moment. My past foster, after a couple of weeks of exercise his feet gained some strength and weren't as flat anymore. I'm also thinking some ester c might help a little. I'm going to have to see what other natural supplements I can give to give the extra boost to get him healthy safely. Tips always welcome. :)

He is a huge and healthy dog and sitting for a long time in the shelter might have stressed him out. It is good thing he is out and now he can walk around to exercise his feet and body again. Good luck!

Members online