New names for the puppy...suggestions please

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
So I MAY be getting a basset pup tomorrow, as I said earlier this week. Still fingers crossed about the meeting. I am getting maybe a little too attached if this doesn't work out but I have been thinking about names. "Molly" and "Nala" just don't fit to me for this cute baby basset girl. I was thinking Rosie, as in Rosie the hobbit from LOTR...but then you bring into question rosie o'donnel, rosanne barr and the like. Also, people names for dogs tend to get confusing in a park full of little kids that likely share the pups name. SOOO, then I came to Daisy...yeah, I'm sort of a closet hippy child, what with Sunny and now Daisy :rolleyes: I think I can do better for this sprout though. Shes small, smaller then most basset hounds as she is a) a pup still at 5 months and b) the runt of the litter and a girl. She is tri colored, with sweet dark brown eyes. Her ears are dark brown and she trips on them if she isn't paying attention. I want something that fits, and will sound okay when I call "Sunny, ---- Come!" When I was thinking about another aussie I was thinking maybe Stormy or Midnight or Starry, but these don't so much work for this diminuative sweetheart. HELP. I don't even have her yet and I am already WAY too attatched. Just start giving name suggestions. I will let you all know on monday (we're going away for the weekend) if we are taking her and what her new name will be :) THANKS GUYS!!! :D

Ild have to see pics of her and how she and Sunny do together to think of names, a little bit of her personality.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'd wait and see more of her personality. Sometimes the names just pop into your head.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Heres some "Nature" names I know that would probley fit a basset puppy.

Daphne - Daph
Diamond
Echo
Fabia
Fabiana- Biana
Fauna
Fern
Flame
Galaxy- Gal or Laxy
Ginger
Glade
Hazel
Heather
Hollis
Holly
Hortense
Hortensia
Ivy
Juniper- June
Keziah- Kez
Lark
Laura
Lauren
Liana- Lee
Lina
Meadow
Mecury
Mica
Mimosa- Mimi
Oceana- O
Olive- Olly
Olivia
Phyllis
Premlata
Prairie
Rain
Raven- ray
Red
Rosemary- Rose
Rue
Sage
Sequoia- CeCe
Sky
Star
Storm
Tamarind- Tammy
Thalia
Thyme
Uma
Willow
Alameda- Ally
Almond
Althea- Ally
Ambrosia
Angora
Arcadia
Ash
August
Berry
Blade
Blaze
Calico- Cali
Calyx
Camomile- Cammy
Caraway- Cara
Carmel
Carmen
Carnelian
Cascade- Cassy
Cashmere
Cassia
Catalpa- Cat
Cayenne- Cay
Cherise- Sherry
Cinnamon
Cloud
Clover
Coralee- Coral

Just some ideas

Saje

Island dweller
I really liked Rosie O'Donnell. I think she helps a lot of people and she really stands up for kids. But that's not a reason to name a dog. :p

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oh! Go with Rue, that is such a cool name.

I like Rosie, but not her hair. That butch version of Flock of Seagulls actually made me cringe. ;)

Members online

No members online now.