Iris has a new home

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Iris will be leaving tomarow for her new home in the next town over Saterday. It is actually my vets Daughter who is going to be taking her. She lives in a 1 Level home and a fenced in back and front yard. she plans on keeping Iris as an inside dog since she is already house broken and obedience trained. She doesent have any other pets other then a pet snake. She lost her last dog to old age and is finally ready for a new life to share. i trust this home the most even though I was surprised and saddened at how soon a new home came through(this around here happen to fast i have been learning lately). I still feel bad because I love Iris so much and she trusted me. But still i keep on telling myself this is for the best.

In my time of being a Musher and dog breeder i have had a total of 4 adult dogs now including Iris that I had to find new homes for do to they just could'nt be sled dogs. Wooly coated or just no heart for the life they were leading with me I had to find them better homes where they could be pampered like they deserved. I would sell them to make sure they got the very perfect home (Iris is not being sold but given). But I have found that saying good bye to dogs you have raised from puppyhood or put alot of work into is alot harder then saying goodbye to 12 week old puppies it hurts alot more.

I feel like a bad person everytime a dog doesent work out and im sure alot of people veiw me as a bad person (it comes with the job). But im not I just want whats best for all of us.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I don't think you're a bad person at all Scar!!! I think you are a wonderful, considerate, kind, and responsible owner!!!

Good luck in your new home Iris!! I wish you all the luck in the world! :D

Purr

~3 Mutts~
You're not a bad person, Pits, as everyone at Chazhound knows!!! I'm glad Iris has a good home! Let us know how it goes!!

Richie12345

Wow, you have been the one of the nicest people I've ever met, so don't even consider that you're bad.

I hope for the best, I think Iris will live a long happy life

beagle_lovergirl

Stare at my avatar....
I think it's great that she has a home! I'm sure she'll get all the attention she deserves there! And you're not a bad person. Bad people are those who keep the dog, even knowing they can't care for it as well as someone else.

Grief, Pits! No one could be a better dog-person than you! Someone lesser would just hang onto the dogs and let them live a half-hearted life instead of going on to someone who can devote their home and time to allowing the dog to be a full-time companion.

Just think, Iris won't have to watch everyone harness up and trot off, leaving her behind . . . From now on, Iris' life will be going to the door to greet her person, having 100% of the attention - what could you possibly have done for her that would be any more loving? :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Glad to hear you found Iris a good home! You're a good person who looks out for her dogs and we all know that.

Y

yuckaduck

Nope you are a wonderful, kind, compassionate person. No one could ever doubt you because you are great. I am so happy for Iris and you.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Thanks everyone I just I don't know feel down about it. Im sure later on I will feel much better her new owner plans on staying in touch with me and send me pictures just like my puppy owners do. And im sure i will feel better when i see her in her happy home.

Members online

No members online now.