wedding music

I'm sorry, guys. I SWEAR, in 2 weeks, I will never discuss wedding details again. And good riddance to them, too.

I was just wondering what music you all had during the ceremony. I have a keyboardist who's bugging me about what she needs to play and apparently I need to make some decisions. I was thinking a nice piano version of the Beatles In My Life while the mothers are sitting, then some Canon in D for the bridesmaids, and either Jesu Joy or Trumpet Voluntary for me. But to be quite honest I don't really care. Is that bad? I just want someone to pick for me. I'm tired of decisions.

The recessional music I'm thinking like Spring (Vivaldi) and some La Rejouissance to get people outta there. Of course then we're going to have a LONG freaking receiving line and the DJ will be there so maybe I'll have him play some songs so people don't get TOO bored waiting to talk to me. I'm just doing the receiving line to get it out of the way because I don't wanna have to go around to all 20 tables when all I wanna do is EAT some prime rib.

I'm really, really ready for this to be over...

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have no idea. What does yoru fiance think? Does he have any ideas or preferences. maybe this is something he could choose.

I know one thing... all this wedding talk this spring is making me REALLY happy I eloped lol. I am NOT a good decision maker and about now I would still be planning the entire wedding lol

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
When the candles were being lit by our families, we had a couple sing Bless the broken road. Hmm, and maybe when the wedding party went out, too (small wedding party). Then some pretty piano solo for my march. Then right after the first prayer, the man (of the couple before) sang Me and You. While Mit and I lit the unity candle, the same couple sang The Prayer. Hmm, our march back down was L.O.V.E.. :) Yeah, we weren't very "traditional". :D And I absolutely LOVED having live music.. the couple we found was very talented. It was beautiful. :D

links:

YouTube - Rascal Flatts - Bless the Broken Road - Official Video

YouTube - Kenny Chesney - Me And You

YouTube - celine dion ft. josh groban, the prayer (I didn't watch it all the way through, ours was all English, though)

YouTube - L is for the way you look at me - Nat King Cole

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
We were fairly traditional in our wedding during the ceremony. The "Here comes the bride" (Lohengrin's "Bridal Chorus") wedding march for Mrs. Q to come in and the Midsummer Night's Dream wedding march for the recessional.

Our bride's maids came in to "Hymne" by Vangelis (played on the pipe organ, of course).

bubbatd

Have what ever you like !!! " Our " song was " Tenderly " ....Back then it was usually classical music .... so we had raised eyebrows .

Ooh I really like that Hymne eddie. I think I might steal it :D

BP it sounds like your ceremony was really beautiful. It must have been neat for someone to do all your music vocally. We thought about having a vocalist but it didn't work out.

sparks... yeah, Justin has been "helping" by letting me do all the work and staying out of the way. That's what he said, even though I told him that wasn't going to work. He's getting on my nerves hugely right now though so it might be best that he stays out of my way. I tried running the ceremony music by him and every single thing he heard he just said "Whatever, that's fine." And he's a musician!! This was SUPPOSED to be his job. :mad:

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Do you have a vocalist doing any music before/during the ceremony as well? My dad sang at our wedding. He did a number of traditional wedding solos as a prelude (which really helped since Mrs. Q was almost an hour late to the church). During the ceremony (when we lit our unity candle) he sang, "One hand, one heart" from "West Side Story".

Nope, no vocalists. Our keyboardist is going to play a bunch of music though. She's pretty good :)

Justin is going to sing me a song that he wrote at the reception though apparently. REALLY looking forward to that :D

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I was spoiled- we had a Quartet of guitar, harp and flute players. They played different classical songs I picked out beforehand. :) Uh, wedding planning!

Members online

No members online now.