Dog puzzle toy difficulty

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I found a website, activedogtoys.com, and they have a relatively large selection of dog puzzles and toys... and I'd love to buy Cali a few. However, I was wondering how you determine the difficulty level of said toys?

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
I have 3 Nina Ottoson toys for Nola, and they have the rating (level 1 thru 3) on them. That site has several, so if you're interested in that go to the Nina Ottoson website and check the rating.

Easy ones are generally have 1 or 2 things to do, like lifting up something to find the treat, rolling the toy, ect.

Hard and harder ones usually have more than 2 things the dog has to do to get the treat. Nola's level 3 puzzle has things you have to slide, pull and lift to get before you get to the treat.

Here's a level 1 puzzle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-kjRYI13ts

And a level 3 puzzle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg1UhPQ1B2U

yoko

A lot of puzzle toys I have seen either have an adjustable difficulty level or they have the difficulty level somewhere on the toy.

If you really want to check it out though I always like to youtube the toy and see how long it takes other dogs to do the puzzle.

Dog Expert

The DOG GUY
I have always found that a dog left alone that is very curious is likely to shred anything that has food in it, that can be shredded. I would have thought that having anything with several sliders and moving parts was likely to be a choking hazard?

I bought my dog a simple treat ball with small opening, but after puppy stage he lost interest in it, plus I am home most of the time now anyway.

All I can add to this is check to see if you think that the toy will withstand whatever assault your dog brings to it!

Members online

No members online now.