Thermal imaging for performance dogs

DJEtzel

For soft tissue injuries it is easier. For orthopedic injuries, it won't really help and rads would need to be done. It'll pinpoint the area of the orthopedic injury but not show the actual injury itself.

The camera is about $8k and the training is around $1500.
Sounds like it'd be a very lucrative business and I'm sure you could earn that money back quickly!

crazedACD

I think it sounds like a great idea!

I would, however, check with someone about the legalities of everything so you don't get hit with something about practicing medicine? (perhaps even have a waiver or something for people to sign)

Flyinsbt

Yes, I likely would.

I get most of the bodywork done on my dogs (chiro, massage) done at trials. Primarily because it tends to be cheaper there, and saves me time and gas money for making a trip to get it done.

SaraB

I think it sounds like a great idea!

I would, however, check with someone about the legalities of everything so you don't get hit with something about practicing medicine? (perhaps even have a waiver or something for people to sign)
I just can't legally diagnose. I can say "there's a spot with increased temperature here" but I can't say "this area with increased temperature is caused by a sprained tendon."

Veterinarians are the only ones that can legally diagnose. Anyone can take pictures. :D

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I absolutely would. If something like this was offered at that price at a trial near me, even though I don't trial, I would go to the trial just to have it done.

Staff online

Members online