Rocky's Got A Lot of Tolerance!

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
So we were at social class yesterday and ya know, he's improved massively from his social ability to his "issues". A friend of mine from social class even pointed out that it looks like he's improved A LOT since the first day.

So there's some good news. And it's pretty much ALL good news.

But it's weird; there's this one... really mean dog in our class. I don't know what it is. But it's one of those dogs where it's kind of hard to see their faces- it's covered in hair.

And all Rocky wanted to go do was meet it and it tried to attack him- 3 TIMES! And it did this to several other dogs. And what did Rocky do? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. In fact, the 2nd or 3rd time he ran towards me, lol.

To be honest, I was actually hoping Rocky would kinda teach him a lesson. It was hard for any dog to even pass by him.

And to make it a little worse, he was weary of each dog he met from there. But by the end of class, he was back to normal... I think.

Is it normal for a dog of Rocky's stature to be afraid or tolerate such behavior from a dog that looked to be even smaller than Rocky?

Rocky's such a big baby! And I like that. :) :p

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Oh no, Rocky's not the aggressor in this situation- the OTHER dog is.

And it's a big social class, I take him there for socialization which my trainer highly recommends. All the people and dogs are in this big field and the dogs and people, well, socialize. :)

poeluvr

BigDog2191 said:
To be honest, I was actually hoping Rocky would kinda teach him a lesson.
That dog is at social class to get taught a lesson the nice way, same as your dog.

bubbatd

Sounds like you're gaining !!! Proud of both of you !! You've come a long way !! Kudos !

akemi_hikari

Duck Toller Queen
When two dogs first meet they do a series of weird things to determine which of the two is the dominant. If a dogs gunna snap at another dog, a naturally submissive dog aint gunna defend himself or whatever. To be honest, I would be glad if my dog ran away from an agressive dog, I think thats a very sensible thing to do. I would not want my baby to get into a fight, and get hurt. Thats like encouraging your kids to fight or something.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Or stand up for themselves. And I would encourage my kid to not get pushed around and stand up for himself. Don't look for trouble; but when you have to, stand up for yourself. <<<that's what I would tell my kid.

panzer426

rocky is young and I imagine the other dog is mature? I wouldnt expect rocky to stand up for himself. he expects you to stand up for him, which is good, shows he is learning to trust/respect you more. I wouldnt worry at all. the only way I WOULD worry is if the other dogs owner doesnt try to prevent it/stop it.

Members online