Does one dog love you more?

Jonas loves me, and then me, and then me some more. My boyfriend is acceptable if I'm at work, and every one else can go to hell. He does like my little brother, which is strange since he liked him IMMEDIATELY, and he liked my boyfriend's dad.

Elsa and Shammy are also allllll me. They do love the man, but the world isn't right until I am home. Smalls, Jack, and Magpie love every one equally, but Jack will blow me off in favor of my boyfriend.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh Juno obviously loves me the most. It's not an unhealthy obsession lol but she couldn't really care less about other people. I mean, she likes and gets excited about others, but I trump everyone else. And apparently when I'm at work, she just shuts herself in my bedroom for most of the day lol.

But I also love HER the most so it's to be expected.

Elrohwen

I only have one dog right now, so not really answering the question but ....

Watson loves me best, though he is really a "family dog" much more than a one person dog. He loves my husband and snuggles with him, but it's clear that he's a bit more attached to me (probably because I train him and go to classes with him). He loves strangers and acts like he would go home with anybody, but he wouldn't - as soon as I'm out of reach he cries and barks. He has mild SA and I'm pretty sure he would fail the out of sight part of the CGC test.

Growing up we had two dogs and they definitely had "their people". My mom's dog was extremely attached to her and while he was very friendly with other people, he never sat near me or my dad, or wanted our attention. The female didn't like strangers, and was very much mine and my dad's dog, though after my mom's dog died she did get closer to my mom (I was out of the house by then).

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
They're both about the same, to be honest. Paris is still a young puppy (and I've only had her a month vs. having Seamus eight years) so I don't know if it even applies to her yet, but she is incredibly affectionate without being too 'in your face.' :) Seamus is the same way, but he mostly ignores other people, so he lets it be known that he is my dog .. he only really comes out of his shell around me. He will snuggle me, lick me, want to play with me, but if he meets someone new, he usually walks up for a sniff and walks away uninterested. Paris is super friendly and confident and loves to meet anyone. But again, she's still a puppy.

Though I'm definitely Paris' person, she also ADORES my brother. Just LOVES him. As soon as she hears his voice come in the door she starts getting all wiggly and excited, it's super cute. :)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Well, Izze loved me the most, as a teenager she never gave me any problems, but she was a holy terror to everyone else LOL. Josefina and I hated each other for half her life ... I always hate them when they hit that bratty teenage stage, we just try to suffer through it xD.

But when Josefina matured, she loves me and I love her as we settled into a kind of "parent/adult child -like" relationship.

In short is all the dogs love me more because I do most of the early care (feeding, training, bathroom breaks at 2am ...etc) and, as OH puts it, I am just a "dog" person. It never fails, if I go somewhere, a random dog will usually find its way to me and gravitate to me.

Skits

Nitro loves me a lot, he goes to my boyfriend quite often for pets, and he respects my dad but around me he's a complete nut and will have zoomies and jump around and cry of excitement. He gets most excited when I'm home.

Buddy pretty much loves anyone that will pet him, he'll lean on everyone and cuddle for hours. There's select people he hates (ex: one man that walks around in a cowboy hat a lot in my area) where he'll just get away from them and not greet them at all, but sometimes he'll meet people and immediately lean on them for attention. He loves my dad quite a lot and he'll scratch at my dads knee and when he gets home and he does a kind of sit-move-sit-move wherever my dad walks away..but with me Buddy gets excited enough that he jumps up and cries sometimes..

I think Nitro loves me most, maybe because since he came here, I've just been his primary caregiver. My dad just used to feed them and the dogs sleep on his bed at night.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Cobain is without question the one that "loves" me most.

Being in a LDR I will occasionally leave the dogs home with my parents while I go away for a few days (just because they aren't allowed on the bus once I get there, if I choose to take public transit instead of drive).

I've been informed that Cobain will mope and hide in his crate when I'm not there for more than 8 hours.

I went away for a week once and he made himself sick. Went through all the vet's diagnostic tests and not one viable diagnosis came up - yet he was not eating and had explosive diarrhea. He lost nearly 10lbs that week and was close to having to be put on IV to replenish his fluids.
I came home, and miraculously he was cured within 2 days.

He has lived in this house for his entire life. Lived with my parents and brother and I for 8 years. And he's still mostly attached to me.

Members online

No members online now.